Career Guidance Freelance historical writing

May 2013
Maryland, USA
Hello,

Does anyone know of any positions for someone with a high school education interested in doing historical essay writing online for a small profit?

Best,
Pearl

Feb 2011
British Empire
Publishers, Magazines or Local History Journals, perhaps? Look around, and I'm sure you'll find something. :)

Kirialax

Ad Honorem
Dec 2009
Blachernai
I'm unsure that just a high school degree will get you very far - professional historians with doctorates barely get paid for what they publish. Of course, if you're thinking of ghostwriting for lazy college kids, there might be more money in that...

Jim Casy

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
Scotland
I've just had a chance to look at your (excellent by the way) blogs Pearl. Particularly the movie one. Why has 84, Charing Cross Road passed me by!?

I hope you get a lead on the essay writing. If your blogs are the product solely of a U.S High School education, we British are doomed:).

Good luck.

History Chick

Ad Honorem
Jun 2010
Colorado Springs (PA at heart)
You've already got a good blog going, why don't you figure out how to make money yourself off it?

Oct 2014
uk
Hello,

Does anyone know of any positions for someone with a high school education interested in doing historical essay writing online for a small profit? :deadhorse:

Mar 2015
UK
Start on showing what your works online. Give them portfolio of your masterpieces for the client to know, if you are qualified. There's no harm in trying. It is also a good way to practice yourself to get along with people to trust you.

Asherman

Forum Staff
May 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Check out duotrope.com This is a very useful site for free-lance writers.

Dreamhunter

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Malaysia
Maybe you could go on two tracks at the same time. Writing both serious history & historical fiction.