Fusion cuisines that could have happened but that didn't actually happen in real life

Jan 2018
Sturgeon Lake Mn.
I know a restaurant on the South Side of Chicago that features both Polish and Italian food but doesn't mix them in fusion dishes. But you can order both, you know, spaghetti and meat balls and a side of cabbage rolls, say.

On the North Side of Chicago one encounters pedantic yuppies who moved to the big city from the hinterlands and claim "authentic" Italian pizza doesn't have nearly as much meat and cheese as American pizza. To which I reply that's why Italians left the Old Country: so they could afford more meat and cheese.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I know a restaurant on the South Side of Chicago that features both Polish and Italian food but doesn't mix them in fusion dishes. But you can order both, you know, spaghetti and meat balls and a side of cabbage rolls, say.
@Rodger should love this, considering that he's half-Polish and half-Italian. :)

On the North Side of Chicago one encounters pedantic yuppies who moved to the big city from the hinterlands and claim "authentic" Italian pizza doesn't have nearly as much meat and cheese as American pizza. To which I reply that's why Italians left the Old Country: so they could afford more meat and cheese.
That's actually pretty funny! :D

Similar History Discussions