Futurist's European history questions

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
So, you're suggesting that company bosses and owners simply hoard the extra profits for themselves?
I'm not suggesting.

The profits were always "hoarded" by owners (it's the very principe of a company). But higher profits means less and less higher wages: the "labor post" in the production-investment-dividends triad is the first affected in case of cost-reductions, and the last in case of higher profitability.

Offspring

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
România
Another European history question of mine: Do you think that there were any European figures other than Napoleon and Hitler who were capable of conquering most of the European continent? I mean, German Kaiser Wilhelm II might be the best candidate for this (along with Hindenburg and Ludendorff, his main generals in the latter stages of WWI), but was there anyone else who was ever actually capable of this, in your honest opinion?
Alexander I of Russia.

Offspring

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
România
I'm not suggesting.

The profits were always "hoarded" by owners (it's the very principe of a company). But higher profits means less and less higher wages: the "labor post" in the production-investment-dividends triad is the first affected in case of cost-reductions, and the last in case of higher profitability.
The workers can form co-ops.

Offspring

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
România
He'd need to successful subdue his former allies first, no?
Yeah, but he wouldn't have to conquer all of Europe in the sense of making it all Russia (I mean, Hitler didn't want all of Europe to be Germany and Napoleon didn't want all of Europe to be France). He could have had a network of allies and client states.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Yeah, but he wouldn't have to conquer all of Europe in the sense of making it all Russia (I mean, Hitler didn't want all of Europe to be Germany and Napoleon didn't want all of Europe to be France). He could have had a network of allies and client states.
That's fair enough, but by that logic, the post-Cold War US is likewise a European hegemon due to its vast network of allies and client states in Europe, no?

Offspring

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
România
Off course.

But that would change their status thus making my small talk with Futurist irrelevant, as the subject changed, wouldn't it?
See how you're doing what I mentioned? You're looping back instead of moving forward. I was strictly replying to what you were saying.