Gaza-Israel War 2012

Status
Closed
Mar 2012
New Amsterdam
I think we should begin with social situation of Palestinian people before giving an opinion about what they want.

There are currently 5 million palestinian refugees which makes half of whole Palestinian population. The free palestinian country offered during the negociations was the return to borders of 1967 which wasn't the main reason of impasse. The reason why we can't still have a peace in Palestine since 60 years is something what Israel committed during the 1948 war. In accordance with Plan D, 600.000 Arabs (majority of today's refugees) had been expelled from where they had been living. Contrary to the commun belief which tries to legitimate every act of Israel by telling that jews bought these territories from their arab owners, Israel had captured several settlements by using force. The Arabs of Palestine were holding 4,5 million dunam of territory whereas it was only a half dounam after the war.

If we turn back to negociations, they were collapsed because what Israel offered to Palestinian authority wasn't a solution for the refugee problem. By offering the return to borders of 1967, Israel was planning to dissuade Palestinian authority from their demands about refugee matter. The fail of negociations wasn't a surprising result if you consider the fact that half of the population had been ignored.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to see people in peace without solving this issue of refugee.
There are not 5 million Palestinian refugees.

In the UN refugee agency, children of refugees are not classified as refugees. People are encouraged to be resettled and to integrate into the country's around them.

In the UNRWA (Palestinian refugee agency) children and grandchildren of refugees are classified as refugees.

The number 5 million is massively inflated.

Jul 2010
Not sure what it is
There are not 5 million Palestinian refugees.

In the UN refugee agency, children of refugees are not classified as refugees. People are encouraged to be resettled and to integrate into the country's around them.

In the UNRWA (Palestinian refugee agency) children and grandchildren of refugees are classified as refugees.

The number 5 million is massively inflated.
So children of refugees are not entitled to considerations normally given to refugees? In fact, the very fact of Israel massively bombing Gaza knowing full well over half of Gaza's population is children makes Israel's action that much more sickening.

Jul 2010
Not sure what it is
I guess hamas hiding behind children and trying to kill civilians deliberately, overly and opnely stating that it's only goal is to throw the jews into the sea, is less racist, chauvinistic and intolerant than israel. :cool:.
This is'nt an attack on you of course. I just point out the double standard.
Sure, let's put them on the same standard. Israel is every bit the racist and disgusting as Hamas. I am sure that made your day.

Mar 2012
New Amsterdam
Your answer completely doesn't fit with my post you quoted. Perhaps you quoted incorrectly?
No. Hamas advocates outright genocide of the 5.7 million Jews in Israel, and likely has a very poor opinion of any Arab loyal to the State of Israel.

Israel has over a million Arabs who live in a developed country where they receive equal rights, participate in government, serve in the military, go to school, participate in the health system, and generally have a high standard of living.

Sep 2012
No. Hamas advocates outright genocide of the 5.7 million Jews in Israel, and likely has a very poor opinion of any Arab loyal to the State of Israel.

Israel has over a million Arabs who live in a developed country where they receive equal rights, participate in government, serve in the military, go to school, participate in the health system, and generally have a high standard of living.
The sephardic chief rabbi of israel advocates genocide of palestinians.

Jul 2011
Belgium

I knew a Palestinian doctor once, who lived in Belgium for a few years.
He was actively pro-Israel, as he considered Israel the country that enabled him to live well, study and have a good standard of living.
Mind you, that doesn't mean he was 100% happy about the way Israel handled the Palestinian question.

Nov 2012
Netanya, Israel
Sure, let's put them on the same standard. Israel is every bit the racist and disgusting as Hamas. I am sure that made your day.
Now for answers to you:

I knew a Palestinian doctor once, who lived in Belgium for a few years.
He was actively pro-Israel, as he considered Israel the country that enabled him to live well, study and have a good standard of living.
Mind you, that doesn't mean he was 100% happy about the way Israel handled the Palestinian question.
so overall:

Status
Closed