Genealogies in the Koran?

Moros

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Are there any genealogies in the Koran? Other than immediate family (son of 'x' or a brother of 'y'), are there any long lists such as you would find in the Book of Genesis?

Tulun

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Western Eurasia
if you mean those long genealogy lists as u mentioned in the Book of Genesis, or in Matthew 1:2-17, no, there are no such things in the Quran.

Moros

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Thanks Tulun.

From the Koran, would it be possible to create a family tree of the main Biblical characters it mentions, or are the relationships no recorded in there? (i.e. descent of Noah from Enoch and Adam; Noah's sons and the origin of nations; descent of Abram from Shem; descent of David from Judah and Abram, etc). Or are there only little snippets of separate family units?

AlpinLuke

Ad Honoris
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
When I read the Koran I had the impression that similar figures [many of them are considered prophets] are present in a functional way [functional to the narration].

An other point to keep in mind is that the Koran doesn't dismiss the previous Books [Torah and Gospel], so that, nothing would impede to a Muslim to read the Torah to find out more details about genalogies.

Similar History Discussions