German prisoners on the east front

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
You're starting to come across as an apologist of the Germans committing atrocities. I surely hope that isn't the case, but I'll dig through your old posts on this subject to find out.
Really?

"I'll dig to find out ?"

Had You been hired by historum.com for tracing "apologists" and we aren't aware of?

Last edited:

authun

Ad Honorem
Aug 2011
Are you not understanding how law works? GERMANY WAS REQUIRED TO OBEY THE GENEVA CONVENTION.
Of course I know how the law works. What I have consistently said is that it is of no surprise to anyone other than yourself that Hitler didn't take any notice of it. I told you this in my reply to you, post 30:

Of course, but I don't think Hitler was going to be worried by that.
For goodness sake that was the whole point of the Nuremburg Trials.

You're starting to come across as an apologist of the Germans committing atrocities. I surely hope that isn't the case, but I'll dig through your old posts on this subject to find out.

That is an entirely spurious allegation as I have not sought to defend anything germany did. I will report this to the mods. As it appears to be motvated out of spite.

Last edited:

authun

Ad Honorem
Aug 2011
But years later I learned in a Dutch or French paper that the story was all fake...so far for historicity...but I have to say it is nevertheless a good story:)....
Josef Martin Bauer – Wikipedia
https://www.amazon.de/So-weit-die-Füße-tragen/dp/3431027180

About the truth
What was the motivation and fate of the Polish Jew?
Cornelius Rost - Wikipedia

Thanks for that Paul. I first read the book in 1968 when our english teacher told us about it at school. I saw the dvd Isleifson mentioned many years ago but never knew that it was largely a work of fiction. It did strike me that the story of the Poles making their way from Siberia to Persia seemed remarkably similar.

authun

Ad Honorem
Aug 2011
Really?

"I'll dig to find out ?"

Had You been hired by historum.com for tracing "apologists" and we aren't aware of?

Thankyou. It's an unwarranted allegation by someone who is sore that I have pointed out that it is rather naive to think that Hitler was going to obey the law. MY first reply agreed with his point about the Genevea Convention "Of course, but I don't think Hitler was going to be worried by that. " I don't think this is a contentious statement at all, let alone an apology for war crimes. It's an obseravtion most people would agree with I guess.

Jul 2016
USA
Of course I know how the law works. What I have consistently said is that it is of no surprise to anyone other than yourself that Hitler didn't take any notice of it. For goodness sake that was the whole point of the Nuremburg Trials.
Again, for the umpteeth time, Germany didn't just start blatantly violating the hell out of the Geneva Conventional until fighting the Soviet Union from June 1941 onward, they started doing them as soon as they went to war against Poland in 1939.

Złoczew, Poland: 20th century and World War II

WW2 was a racial war, and Nazi Germany did what it did to a whole lot of people it considered Untermensch, and did it for reasons far larger than fear of retaliation against their own POWs.

That is an entirely spurious allegation as I have not sought to defend anything germany did. I will report this to the mods. As it appears to be motvated out of spite.
Report all you want. Nothing I wrote said it was anything other than a theory based on how your explanation seemingly absolving Germany of violating the Geneva Convention because the Soviets were bad too, which is immaterial. That is how you're coming across. And I was going to do my due diligence and research your old posts further (which is why the option exists on Historum) to see if there is evidence to support that theory (which there might not be).

authun

Ad Honorem
Aug 2011
Again, for the umpteeth time, Germany didn't just start blatantly violating
As I have pointed out in my reply to you in post 45, Hitler's disregard for the constitution and international agreements started in 1933 so the allegation you make above is entirely spurious, malicious even. You seem fixated by the brutal treatment of Soviet prisoners from June 1941 but you appear oblivious to the violations that went before such as reoccupying the Rhineland, annexing Austria, invading Czechoslovakia or invading Poland. Nor do you stop to mention the Holocaust where persecution of the Jews started in 1933 and the murdering of the disabled, of the feeble minded and then of the jews plus other goups, all before June 1941. You concentrate only on the soviet prisoners, as if none of the other things happened. Perhaps you have a particular axe to grind but I consider the treatement of soviet prisoners one of many violations, not the only one.

absolving Germany of violating the Geneva Convention because the Soviets were bad too, which is immaterial.
Another spurious allegation. I have not attempted to absolve Germaay's violations at all and nor have I attempted to indicate that it was tit for tat treatment. See my post 30 again and the reference to Keitel, that it was going to be a war of destruction of ideology unlike any other war that had gone before. Of course germany broke treaties and agreements. As I have already pointed out, the invasion of the soviet union tore up the non aggression pact between the two countries. You need to read with greater comprehension.

Last edited:
Jul 2016
USA
As I have pointed out in my reply to you in post 45, Hitler's disregard for the constitution and international agreements started in 1933 so the allegation you make above is entirely spurious, malicious even. You seem fixated by the brutal treatment of Soviet prisoners from June 1941 but you appear oblivious to the violations that went before such as reoccupying the Rhineland, annexing Austria, invading Czechoslovakia or invading Poland. Nor do you stop to mention the Holocaust where persecution of the Jews started in 1933 and the murdering of the disabled, of the feeble minded and then of the jews plus other goups, all before June 1941. You concentrate only on the soviet prisoners, as if none of the other things happened. Perhaps you have a particular axe to grind but I consider the treatement of soviet prisoners one of many violations, not the only one.
Here is my last post, where I'm bringing up German war crimes against Poles

At this point you're all over the place. You went from claiming Hitler broke the Geneva Convention because the Soviets didn't sign it, and he was worried about his own troops. To now claiming all Nazi crimes from 1933 onward, many that had absolutely nothing to do with war, support your posts. Which ones? Forget it, I don't even want to know at this point...