German prisoners on the east front

Isleifson

Ad Honorem
Aug 2013
Lorraine tudesque
Isleifson/Laumesfeld,

you know me already a bit...always seeking to the core of the matter...and it has not that much to do with the thread, that otherwise is very interesting for me...but after reading the novel in German start of the Sixties to learn more German, I found it that "meeslepend" (compelling?) that I had no time to seek for all the words that I didn't understood (and as German is close to Dutch there weren't thousands of them)

But years later I learned in a Dutch or French paper that the story was all fake...so far for historicity...but I have to say it is nevertheless a good story:)....
Josef Martin Bauer – Wikipedia
https://www.amazon.de/So-weit-die-Füße-tragen/dp/3431027180

About the truth
What was the motivation and fate of the Polish Jew?
Cornelius Rost - Wikipedia

From the wiki:
"Comprehensive researches, condensed in 2010 into a three-hour radio feature by radio journalist Arthur Dittlmann for the Bayerischer Rundfunk(Bavarian Broadcasting Company),[8] left serious doubts about the authenticity of the events told in Rost's original story. For example, no prisoner of war camp existed at Cape Dezhnev in the Far East of Siberia at the time claimed in the book; Rost was not a Wehrmacht officer as depicted in the story; the German Red Cross, with headquarters in Munich, never received any inquiry about his whereabouts, which is unusual for a ten-year imprisonment; and Rost had been released from a Soviet prisoner of war camp on 28 October 1947, about two years before his alleged escape in 1949–1952, which he therefore could not have accomplished.[9] Additional errors include the main street in Moscow, along which he and his captured comrades were driven at the beginning of the novel, was named by Rost as Nevsky Prospekt, which is actually located in Saint Petersburg. As a result, Bauer, as the author of the book, is now blamed for not having critically cross-checked such unreliable details in Rost's story.[9]

Kind regards from Paul.
Paul,

Of course we all know that the story is mostly fiction. But the movie is still good.

Dec 2011
Belgium
Paul,

Of course we all know that the story is mostly fiction. But the movie is still good.
Paul,

Brother from the Germanic-Romance border,

the story is also very good and as I said (meeslepend) compelling, but as you see it is not history:),

Kind regards from the former county of Flanders near the Germanic- Romance border