Golan Heights

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
I introduced anti-semitism because it usually is the undertone behind PRETENDING that Islamic terrorism and extremist groups are “the creation” from without and or through collaborators with “sinister” outsiders, the evidence for that marvelous theory is their “lack of anti-Israel” behavior. It was not a study on levels, rather to highlight the two intertwined pieces:
1-the underlying deflection of such proposition which has some anti-Semitic reasons to it.
2-pretending these groups behavior of primarily targeting and cleansing the “ heathens/fifth column/accused ex Muslims/real ex Muslim “ before many other groups, the pretending that they are not following the example of the “followed” and “respected” over 13 centuries of targeting these groups first.

Combine 1 with 2 and you get what I am talking about.
Thank You

M.S. Islam

Ad Honorem
Jul 2012
Dhaka
Their priorities is to go after the “defectors” first, that is the priority of the muslim sentiments, CLEANSE and PURIFY the ranks first has always been the first priority, AQ and ISIS are very consistent with the rest in that.
Oh really? So all terror attacks against the west including 911 were internal purge? Excellent.

M.S. Islam

Ad Honorem
Jul 2012
Dhaka
The organizer and leader of Arab Mujahedeen in Afghanistan, Shaykh Abdullah Azzam wanted to organize the Arab veterans into an organization - Al Qaeda which would liberate Palestine. His student and fundraiser Osama bin Laden had disagreed and wanted AQ to terrorise the west.

Shaykh Azzam was assassinated right on the eve of forming AQ, and OBL took charge.

Suspects in the assassination include competing Islamic militia leaders, such as Osama bin Laden, as well as the CIA and Mossad.[38]
Source: Abdullah Yusuf Azzam - Wikipedia

starman

Ad Honorem
Jan 2014
Connecticut
Arabs at war by Kenneth Pollack? How does he analyze the Valley of Tears debacle and Operation Badr?

I'll tell you why I put such emphasis on these two engagements. It is because only on these two occasions the Israeli defenses suffered/came close to being wiped out and both these battles took place under some serious Arab SAM coverage. While Badr was pulled off brilliantly, I can't really say the same about Valley of Tears. I don't know whether it's only me, but I see the ghost of Prokhorovka in Valley of Tears. Syrians lost 500 tanks and APCs just to break through the defenses of 188th Armored Brigade, only to fall back when IDF reserves were committed to battle. I can understand that they were under Soviet influence but the fact that Syria could never absorb the material losses associated with a Soviet style armoured assault to a higher ground was supposed to be common sense right?

I admit that the Egyptians also failed to follow on Operation Badr with further successes but their performance was way better than that of the Syrians.

AFAIK, the entire AA operations were planned and overseen by Russian officers. However I'd like to know what Pollack says about that. As for SAF and EAF, both sucked compared to the IAF. But I won't comment on that as I only remember bits and pieces. You might be able to elaborate better.

Which part? The tank losses part or the convincing part?
Tank losses. The Syrians may have blundered in the northern Golan sector. They should’ve just contained red ridge instead of squandering precious armor reserves trying to break through. But they did break through farther south and could have taken the Jordan river crossings had they prioritized that right away.
Btw the Syrian offensive was planned by Syrians. The Russians complained that “These damn Syrians will take anything but advice.”
I’d say Egyptian and Syrian performance was roughly comparable. The Egyptians—actually the knuckle brain Sadat—goofed badly by attacking on the 14th, and failing to agree to a cease fire when Kosygin came. It is true that the kill ratio in men and tanks wasn’t as bad on the Egyptian front, but the end result was probably as bad or worse.

starman

Ad Honorem
Jan 2014
Connecticut
You don't get recruits to fight for abstract ideas, unless there's a material goal involved.
Some Americans were eager to fight fascism in the Spanish civil war and Arabs fought in Afghanistan to expel the Russians. I have no doubt ISIS would’ve become a state actor if it could. Essentially while it had plenty of turf it was a state actor albeit unrecognized.