Greek deities, the Sanskrit connection

Status
Closed

tornada

Ad Honoris
Mar 2013
India
In reading different ancient authors from Hesiod to Heraklit, Aristotele, Socrates , Platon , Ploutarch you get more than enough informations about.
I repeat it so much times that I write from a tablet so I let this on the air when I write something about.

just read orphic hymns as example and you get a taste of what I mean. Besides all this many of the things what I read about the ancient greek religion and cosmotheory are semi knowledge or just ignorance. I also have about not complete knowledge and ignore much things, as you can maybe see I was for a time absides till I start to write about.
Nope. That's not how it works. Give us your sources and then explain their relevance. If you cannot don't keep repeating yourself. You claim that the linguistic theories are wrong, but you provide bo evidence for this. Yes my knowledge of the Greek language is minimal. But i did not devise the PIE theories. The various scholars who have worked with the Greek and Latin linguistic evolution from PIE languages are experts in the languages in question. It id not me you are refuting, it is them, and if you seek to claim that they are lying or are ignorant or mistaken you need to provide evidence and references. Telling us to read hesiod is not evidence, its a meaningless statement. I might as well tell you to "read the Rg Veda" as proof of the theory. You need to explain yourself and your assertions. If you cant due to technological constraints then please provide the sources when you get them and until then please stop making baseless assertions. Lack of a computer is not a defense to an argument.

Nov 2013
Lykaonia
I dont need nothing . Its my choise to believe something or not , about history yes it works like that you are right but not about powers where have to do with the universe , astronomy and other not linguistic or historian , archeologists work.

I am sorry cause my offensive way of writing,its what I believe about this theories just continue , have already write about , just let it be , its not for this Forum and I will post some stuff soon where I dont wait for answers, just to take a taste about what I am writing.

Last edited:

BenSt

Ad Honorem
Aug 2013
Canada, originally Clwyd, N.Wales
Anyone else getting memories of PhoenicianSemite?
Was he the stoner who's landlord was trying to get him arrested for copyright infringement? I kind of miss him, I'm sad I didn't download his videos.

We have had quite a few members say things like "Let it be, I know what I'm saying is right, just wait and I write proof soon..."

Nov 2013
Lykaonia
on what exactly you want sourcess or a proof ?
I mention that I write from a tablet where it takes much more time and I cant write something organised in the form I want give them to be well and easy to read.

BenSt

Ad Honorem
Aug 2013
Canada, originally Clwyd, N.Wales
I dont need nothing . Its my choise to believe something or not , about history yes it works like that you are right but not about powers where have to do with the universe , astronomy and other not linguistic or historian , archeologists work.

I am sorry cause my offensive way of writing,its what I believe about this theories just continue , have already write about , just let it be , its not for this Forum and I will post some stuff soon where I dont wait for answers, just to take a taste about what I am writing.
You can believe whatever you want... but the rules of this game are clear. Backup whatever you have to say with logical arguments, facts, or sources. Even a bad source is better than no source. Patronizingly saying something is a lie and people are wrong without defending your statement makes your statement null and void, and lends no credibility.

Nov 2013
Lykaonia
Ok

you can check out besides Orphic hymns and Hesiods Theogonie also ORPHICORUM FRAGMENTA Otto Kern, Weidmann

Epinikoi by Pindar

Erga kai Hmerai by Hesiod

Platons Timaios, Politeia , Protagoras , Theaititos and others , its not nessecary a work or book absolutely about what you have in mind. Also Phaidon , Symposion, Politeia , Timaios.

Also many modern works with analysis about homers work, the ancient theogonie , myghology and religion of ancient Greece.

From Aristotele : Meta ta physika, after the physics, Organon , Peri psychis about soul, peri ouranou about sky

The ithika by Ploutarch, peri Isidos kai Osiridos , Peri Aretis , Peri Aretis k kakias, peri ithikis aretis, epta sofon symposion,

Le symbolisme des Nombres Dr. R. Allendy

Le mystere des Nombres Lucien Gerardin

Pythagore, A.Ed. Chaignet

A.R. Hope Moncrieff , Classic Myth and Legend

Hermann Kern, Through the Labyrinth

Michael B. Cosmopoulos , Greek Mysteries

Nov 2013
Lykaonia
Many more ancient and modern works where you maybe see behind and decode the symbolism by ancient myths .
If you ask me if I read all this, no I dont , I read just enough to check out what is behind all this scens and symbolisms and to understand different things better about.
I have a feeling that you dont accept , thats why I will give some examples how it works soon.

tornada

Ad Honoris
Mar 2013
India
Ok

you can check out besides Orphic hymns and Hesiods Theogonie also ORPHICORUM FRAGMENTA Otto Kern, Weidmann

Epinikoi by Pindar

Erga kai Hmerai by Hesiod

Platons Timaios, Politeia , Protagoras , Theaititos and others , its not nessecary a work or book absolutely about what you have in mind. Also Phaidon , Symposion, Politeia , Timaios.

Also many modern works with analysis about homers work, the ancient theogonie , myghology and religion of ancient Greece.

From Aristotele : Meta ta physika, after the physics, Organon , Peri psychis about soul, peri ouranou about sky

The ithika by Ploutarch, peri Isidos kai Osiridos , Peri Aretis , Peri Aretis k kakias, peri ithikis aretis, epta sofon symposion,

Le symbolisme des Nombres Dr. R. Allendy

Le mystere des Nombres Lucien Gerardin

Pythagore, A.Ed. Chaignet

A.R. Hope Moncrieff , Classic Myth and Legend

Hermann Kern, Through the Labyrinth

Michael B. Cosmopoulos , Greek Mysteries
And what am I supposed to be looking for in these sources? Do they talk about the origins of Greek mythology? We are discussing the roots from which Greek religion and mythology was derived from, not the cultural and philosophical aspects of the religion itself. Plato and Socrates have nothing to do with anything here.

Midas

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Scandinavia, Balkans, Anatolia, Hatay
Exactly , why u follow blindly than? The true speaches of the real power of God do have light inside them :)
You go just on fields that have a different consistence than your fields.
I am not following anything blindy. I am involved with it every day. There is a big difference. Do you follow physics blindly? I guess not. You need to understand it and make use of mathematics to do anything with it.

When we ask for sources, we mean that you should point out examples from those authors you mention that proove those "false theories". I will quote something Socrates said, that validates the relation of IE languages.

Plato Kratylos, 410a

Socrates
ὅρα τοίνυν καὶ τοῦτο τὸ ὄνομα τὸ ‘πῦρ’ μή τι βαρβαρικὸν ᾖ. τοῦτο γὰρ οὔτε ῥᾴδιον προσάψαι ἐστὶν Ἑλληνικῇ φωνῇ, φανεροί τ᾽ εἰσὶν οὕτως αὐτὸ καλοῦντες Φρύγες σμικρόν τι παρακλίνοντες: καὶ τό γε ‘ὕδωρ’ καὶ τὰς ‘κύνας’ καὶ ἄλλα πολλά.

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions