Greeks or Indo-Greeks during Mauryan and Post-Mauryan period

May 2013
India
I was interested in knowing their colonies in Sindh area. Some of aroras claim they earlier resided in al aror and hence their name Arira as Bkhatris of bakhter later adopted khatri name just dropping B from their earlier identity.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
I was interested in knowing their colonies in Sindh area. Some of aroras claim they earlier resided in al aror and hence their name Arira as Bkhatris of bakhter later adopted khatri name just dropping B from their earlier identity.
Khatri seems an apabhramsha of Kshatriya(warrior varna).

Moreover, Indo-Greeks were small in number and they were later destroyed by Indo-Scythians.

May 2013
India
Khatri seems an apabhramsha of Kshatriya(warrior varna).

Moreover, Indo-Greeks were small in number and they were later destroyed by Indo-Scythians.
Not at all.
Vedic Kashtriyas lac H haplogroup present in khatris so Bakhatri adopting khatri is just sanskritization of an alien identity.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Not at all.
Vedic Kashtriyas lac H haplogroup present in khatris so Bakhatri adopting khatri is just sanskritization of an alien identity.
how you get to know the ancient sample when Hindus used to cremate the dead bodies leaving no trace of any tissue. :zany::zany::zany:

May 2013
India
Neither Indo Greeks were too small nor were destroyed by scythians.

They had lived here much before Alexander.Slowly they adopted local dialect ,custom and traditions and merged with local population.

May 2013
India
how you get to know the ancient sample when Hindus used to cremate the dead bodies leaving no trace of any tissue. :zany::zany::zany:
Vedic Kashtriyas have not evoprated in thin air they are very much present in Indian population.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
Not at all.
Let's keep discussion of genetics off Historum, thanks.

May 2013
India

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Though genetics is a conclusive proof in such cases but rule is rule and I agree to that .

Rajesh Kocchar is a good Historian and a Khatri himself .He seems to agree with my research here that Aora/Khatris are Yavnas of Ancient India.

Rajesh Kochhar » Blog Archive » On the origin of the Punjabi Khatris - President International Astronomical Union Commission 41: History of Astronomy
I am not sure nor against it about yavana origin. But Khatri is an apabhramsha of Kshatriya, similarly among Nepalese apabhramsha of Kshatriya is Chhetri.

May 2013
India
I am not sure nor against it about yavana origin. But Khatri is an apabhramsha of Kshatriya, similarly among Nepalese apabhramsha of Kshatriya is Chhetri.
Yes Khatri is just apabhramsh but khatris adopted this via sanskritization as most khatri /aroras are basically traders like Banias and same was observed by Risley ,Rose and others in colonial period.