Gupta Empire's Afghanistan/central asia campaign, any detail on them?

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
There is a conflict in description. Wikipedia does not mention Chandragupta Vikramaditya. Though, there is a location known as 'Nagar Khas', which means there was a large town/village in Hindu/Buddhist times. Actually, Google Earth shows a whole lot of 'nagars' there, which I think is some mistake. Also, there is a place called Shishkat. I suppose some unfortunate king might have met his end there. But, one must remember, that sometimes a cleft in the hills also was termed Shishkat, Takshashila or Takshashira (Taxila).

"Upper Portion: The upper portion of the rock consist of inscriptions which are carved in Sogdian, Kharosthi, Brahmi, Sarada and Proto Sarada languages. The names of the Emperors of the Kushana Empire appear in these inscriptions as well as the names of other Emperors from the Empires of Kanishka and Huvishka. The name of the Trukha King Ramadusa is also mentioned in inscriptions which are carved in Brahmi language."

Margalla Hill, Islamabad (Mar+Gala also means cutting the neck)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashoka maurya
Mar 2019
KL
Wikipedia does not mention Chandragupta Vikramaditya
wikipedia mentions or not, chandragupta is mentioned in the hunza inscriptions and i have inserted the picture of the board erected near the site as well, there is another inscription which mentions harisena as well.

regards

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
At times, yes; although there was trouble on the western borders due to raids by Sakas, Mlecchas, Kambojas, Yavanas, Tusharas, Parasikas, Hunas, and others. Samudragupta, Chandragupta and Skandagupta were strong rulers.