Had Nazi Germany won WWII, how many Germans would live in Eastern Europe right now?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Had Nazi Germany won WWII, how many Germans would live in Eastern Europe right now? Also, are there going to be any large cities in Eastern Europe right now with huge German populations in this scenario? If so, which cities?

Feb 2019
Serbia
This is near-impossible to estimate because we can't really predict the population growth of Nazi Germany and how many Germans would be re-settled. Many hundreds of thousands would probably live in Posen or Danzig regions and to a lesser extent in Bohemia and Moravia but beyond that it's pretty much impossible as we don't really have anything to accurately estimate German settlement in the USSR or the rest of Poland. Another question is how long does this re-settlement program last and how many Germans get relocated per year. We can only make up a number based on some estimates but we can't say anything concrete. I can easily say that 10 million Germans would be moved to inland-Poland or something like that but I have next to nothing to back this up and if we straight up invent and imagine numbers and policies out of thin air we aren't speculating about alternate history, we are discussing pure fiction.

Reactions: Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
This is near-impossible to estimate because we can't really predict the population growth of Nazi Germany and how many Germans would be re-settled. Many hundreds of thousands would probably live in Posen or Danzig regions and to a lesser extent in Bohemia and Moravia but beyond that it's pretty much impossible as we don't really have anything to accurately estimate German settlement in the USSR or the rest of Poland. Another question is how long does this re-settlement program last and how many Germans get relocated per year. We can only make up a number based on some estimates but we can't say anything concrete. I can easily say that 10 million Germans would be moved to inland-Poland or something like that but I have next to nothing to back this up and if we straight up invent and imagine numbers and policies out of thin air we aren't speculating about alternate history, we are discussing pure fiction.
For what it's worth, I think that Nazi Germany--if it will survive and remain a dictatorship--would be able to maintain a total fertility rate comparable to that of Franco's Spain in its later years. So, around 2.5 children per woman per lifetime.