Has anyone here ever written a lot for Wikipedia?

May 2014
SoCal
Has anyone here ever written a lot for Wikipedia? Personally, I wrote or significantly expanded 55 articles that ended up on Wikipedia's front page afterwards; here is a list of these Wikipedia articles:

User:Futurist110/DYK - Wikipedia

I also created some Wikipedia articles that didn't end up on its front page afterwards (for various reasons--including a lack of effort on my own part to put them there). For instance, these two Wikipedia articles:

George McClellan 1864 presidential campaign - Wikipedia

Government by Judiciary - Wikipedia

Has anyone else here ever wrote a lot for Wikipedia? It does seem to be a good way to share one's knowledge with the rest of the world--even if this is an unpaid activity.

Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
I'm a Wiki author as well, but I prefer Historum as internet activity.

A curiosity is that I'm an English author of Wikipedia [I've never written a single page for it.wikipedia.org]. My fields are Ancient Egypt and Middle Ages. But I cannot say to have written a lot.

May 2014
SoCal
A curiosity is that I'm an English author of Wikipedia [I've never written a single page for it.wikipedia.org].
Aren't these two sentences of yours contradictory to each other?

I've written a little but not that much wow.
Yeah, I did this over the course of seven years. It's certainly a good, productive hobby to have. I'll consider writing more for Wikipedia at some future point in time; I'll just have to figure out when.

I've got absolutely nothing compared to this guy, though; he wrote over 35,000 articles for Wikipedia! :

Steven Pruitt - Wikipedia

Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
Aren't these two sentences of yours contradictory to each other?

Yeah, I did this over the course of seven years. It's certainly a good, productive hobby to have. I'll consider writing more for Wikipedia at some future point in time; I'll just have to figure out when.

I've got absolutely nothing compared to this guy, though; he wrote over 35,000 articles for Wikipedia! :

Steven Pruitt - Wikipedia
No, they aren't if you realize that I'm Italian ... but on Wiki I'm an English author.

Btw, this is an other consequence of the absence of a real filter on Wiki [it's the same on academia.edu about academics]. You declare that your language is English ... you are an English author. End of history.

May 2014
SoCal
No, they aren't if you realize that I'm Italian ... but on Wiki I'm an English author.

Btw, this is an other consequence of the absence of a real filter on Wiki [it's the same on academia.edu about academics]. You declare that your language is English ... you are an English author. End of history.
Oh; I get it. "it" refers to the Italian Wikipedia.

I thought that you were simply referring to the English Wikipedia as "it" and forgot to put a space after the following period.

Nope. Trained to do original research, and Wikipedia is not the platform for that.
Is any of your original research/any of your publications available for free online? These materials could certainly be used to help improve Wikipedia's coverage of certain topics. :)

Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
Be more accurate about Wiki rules regarding original researches.

Original researches will be object of attention by the Wiki crew. Only published material can enrich Wiki pages. In some cases they leave material from original researches online [this happened to me], but it's not the usual way Wiki works.

May 2014
SoCal
Be more accurate about Wiki rules regarding original researches.

Original researches will be object of attention by the Wiki crew. Only published material can enrich Wiki pages. In some cases they leave material from original researches online [this happened to me], but it's not the usual way Wiki works.
I was thinking of only citing published original research here, though.

Similar History Discussions