Has anyone here read Ambedkar's book "Pakistan, or, The Partition of India"?

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
No, Ambedkar is not important for me though I appreciate what he did. I have read excerpts from his writing, particular why he opted for Buddhism instead of Christianity or Islam. He or Nehru/Gandhi are history now, even Indira.

Reactions: Futurist

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
I too agree British are not be blamed for partition, they just exploited historical Hindu-Muslim fissure in their favour. Partition was the outcome of the complete waning of Muslim power of India and rise of Hindu dominance. The recognition of Hindi as provincial languages in UP and Bihar didn't go well with Muslims elites while partition of Bengal was supported by Muslims while opposed by Hindus. In Punjab and Sindh, Muslims resented Hindus being far more educated and controlling most of the business. Jinnah had a intense hate against Hindus because some wealthy Hindu merchant of Karachi didn't hire on demanded fee, all narrative of a secular Jinnah is just a propaganda.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I am aware of Ambedkar's view on partition. He preferred conversion to Buddhism and he was a staunch opponent of Aryan invasion theory.
Why are either of the two things in your second sentence here actually relevant, though?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I too agree British are not be blamed for partition, they just exploited historical Hindu-Muslim fissure in their favour. Partition was the outcome of the complete waning of Muslim power of India and rise of Hindu dominance. The recognition of Hindi as provincial languages in UP and Bihar didn't go well with Muslims elites while partition of Bengal was supported by Muslims while opposed by Hindus. In Punjab and Sindh, Muslims resented Hindus being far more educated and controlling most of the business. Jinnah had a intense hate against Hindus because some wealthy Hindu merchant of Karachi didn't hire on demanded fee, all narrative of a secular Jinnah is just a propaganda.
It's quite interesting that, as a result of partition, the Muslims in Sindh replaced their Hindu overclass with a new Muhajir overclass.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
It's quite interesting that, as a result of partition, the Muslims in Sindh replaced their Hindu overclass with a new Muhajir overclass.
Yes but Mujahirs were educated elites, not entrepreneurs like Sindhi Hindus, their forced displacement had a huge impact on the economy of the newly independent Pakistan.

Reactions: Futurist