Has anyone here written or plans to write a history book?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
No, at least not in the near future. However, I did write and/or expand over 50 Wikipedia articles in the past and could do this in the future for additional articles. Would you like to see these articles?

Mar 2016
Australia
In terms of non-fiction, no, I don't have any plans (although a desire to is certainly there), since I'm a full time student and also have a part time job. I simply don't have any time to work on something as serious as a historical work. But I do occasionally write some historical fiction when the mood arises. Right now I'm considering writing a short story set in the newly conquered regions of Saxony during Charlemagne's reign, as seen through the perspective of a governor and priest sent to investigate reports of witchcraft and human sacrifice.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
In terms of non-fiction, no, I don't have any plans (although a desire to is certainly there), since I'm a full time student and also have a part time job. I simply don't have any time to work on something as serious as a historical work. But I do occasionally write some historical fiction when the mood arises. Right now I'm considering writing a short story set in the newly conquered regions of Saxony during Charlemagne's reign, as seen through the perspective of a governor and priest sent to investigate reports of witchcraft and human sacrifice.
Have you ever considered writing on Wikipedia? Personally, I tend to view this as being a valuable activity since it allows one to spread one's knowledge with the world. Many people might be unwilling to read books in great detail but might be more eager to read Wikipedia in detail. At least, that's my own suspicion and hunch in regards to this. :)

Mar 2016
Australia
Have you ever considered writing on Wikipedia? Personally, I tend to view this as being a valuable activity since it allows one to spread one's knowledge with the world. Many people might be unwilling to read books in great detail but might be more eager to read Wikipedia in detail. At least, that's my own suspicion and hunch in regards to this. :)
Haven't really considered it before. If anything I'd probably just go around and edit every use of the "BCE" and "CE" back to "BC" and "AD" :D

Apr 2017
Cologne
Why are you asking? Or are you talking about second hand work - like: "Alexander the Great on 300 pages" or "Life in the Roman Empire"?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Why are you asking? Or are you talking about second hand work - like: "Alexander the Great on 300 pages" or "Life in the Roman Empire"?
This isn't a question for me, is it?

Haven't really considered it before. If anything I'd probably just go around and edit every use of the "BCE" and "CE" back to "BC" and "AD" :D
That seems like a waste of time, though. :( Go ahead if that's what you want to do, but I think that this would be redundant and that a better use of time on Wikipedia would be to create and significantly expand various Wikipedia articles. :)

Nov 2009
Outer world
Nope, at least any serious history book is out of question for me given that I have neither the time nor the skills to write such a book, and notably I don't even want to spend time acquiring those skills in the first place. As for fiction books in a historical setting (such as Bernard Cornwell or Patrick O'Brian to give two very famous examples) I'd like to try but never actually did anything.

Similar History Discussions