Has anyone here written or plans to write a history book?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
No, I have no interest in editing Wikipedia pages. If I was going to write something, I'd want it to be my own creation, not just revising someone else's. I'd want to be a writer, not an editor.
Makes sense. :)

If you will ever write anything that could be put on Wikipedia, please let me know. :)

Jan 2015
MD, USA
I've written up a short work on the Greek xiphos, but no idea if it will ever reach publication. Needs illustrations, for one. It would be neat to do a series on Greek equipment, and maybe dispel a few myths along the way!

Matthew

I've received an Expression of Interest from Oxford University Press to turn my doctoral thesis into a book. Who knows if they'll take the final product, but regardless, I am adapting the thesis, which is about dynastic politics and dynastic imagery in the Tetrarchic period (AD 284-311).

I'm also contributing a chapter on the fraternal representation of Diocletian's relationship with Maximian to an edited volume titled The Tetrarchy as Ideology, which should be published in either 2020 or 2021.

Kirialax

Ad Honorem
Dec 2009
Blachernai
I've received an Expression of Interest from Oxford University Press to turn my doctoral thesis into a book. Who knows if they'll take the final product, but regardless, I am adapting the thesis, which is about dynastic politics and dynastic imagery in the Tetrarchic period (AD 284-311).

I'm also contributing a chapter on the fraternal representation of Diocletian's relationship with Maximian to an edited volume titled The Tetrarchy as Ideology, which should be published in either 2020 or 2021.
Nice, congrats! My understanding is that they still have some standards over at OUP, which is more than a few other major English-language academic publishers do.

Similar History Discussions