Has reading about a historical figure ever influenced how you act/speak in real life?

Mar 2016
Australia
A bit of an odd topic, I must admit, but still a possibly interested/funny one.

For me personally my readings of Napoleon have left me with an immense admiration of the man, and I usually find myself walking like he did, with the famous way he held both of his hands behind his back as he walked about. When it's colder I also sometimes wear a long winter coat as Napoleon did in winter climates such as when he was on campaign in Poland and Russia. Needless to say I also walk with my hands behind my back while wearing a winter coat.

Extremely trivial and silly, I know, but it's something I sometimes subconsciously and sometimes knowingly do. I think I'll skip over the bicorn though.

johnincornwall

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Cornwall
Sticking with dictators then, Sulla's epitaph was something like:

"There was never a man who served me, nor an enemy who wronged me, whom I didn't repay in full."

Sounds a good life policy.

If you are walking like Napoleon you need help.

Lord Oda Nobunaga

Ad Honorem
Jan 2015
Ontario, Canada
Not acting so much but Napoleon has made me extremely cynical.
I've always liked long winter coats anyway so that one doesn't count in my case. :lol:

Jan 2013
Not particularly, unless you count Jesus of Nazareth. I have a great admiration for Diogenes of Sinope, but I haven't started sleeping in wine amphoras in public places just yet.

Shtajerc

Ad Honorem
Jul 2014
Lower Styria, Slovenia
Under the influence of 1970 Waterloo movie I sometimes grab two fingers of one hand and rubb them with the fingers of the other hand behind my back like Rod Steiger as Napoleon. Not often though. As a kid I used to put my hand in the shirt like Boney but luckily I outgrew that a long time ago. :lol: