Has someone dumped Press TV.

Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
Perhaps I have the advantage of being an outsider who is neutral with regard to American politics, I have to keep in mind how politics has become so grievously polarised in America even to be able to conceive how anyone could fail to see how CNN and MSNBC are as biased in one direction as Fox is biased in the other! :)

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
Perhaps I have the advantage of being an outsider who is neutral with regard to American politics, I have to keep in mind how politics has become so grievously polarised in America even to be able to conceive how anyone could fail to see how CNN and MSNBC are as biased in one direction as Fox is biased in the other! :)
Well, just as one demographic claims Fox is biased, the other claims CNN in biased. The "singling out" is done by both sides, the one you hear the most depends on the one you listen to the most.

Dec 2015
USA
I feel that The Young Turks can be biased as fox and Press Tv can. The Young Turks can be considered "left" leaning one could say. Cenk Uygur of The Young Turks seems to push his views as has Hannity on Fox does. But IMO CNN and MSNBC are in a different category. I dont see a polarizing Uygur or Hannity type figure that hosts a show on CNN or MSNBC.

Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
I have no worry about people presenting news or offering comment from a particular political perspective, what worries me is when people who have a particular political perspective come to suppose that broadcasters who think the same as them don't have a perspective at all, but are just presenting the plain unvarnished truth, while all the bias comes from broadcasters who have a different political perspective. Now the BBC in the UK does in general have a sort of liberal-left perspective, but it makes an effort be neutral in its news reporting and to allow fair expression of contrasting opinions; to be frank, I see nothing approaching that on CNN, it is partisan through and through. MSNBC is of course an openly left wing channel just as Fox is openly right, but any pretence of neutrality on the part of CNN is just a sham, as is shown by the fact that it mainly attacts viewers who would never watch Fox, just as Fox attracts viewers who would never watch CNN. The notion that its coverage of Trump (e.g. over supposed Russian collusion) or of Kavanaugh has been in any way neutral is just laughable.

Feb 2016
Japan
Yes, it’s funny but the hard left call the bbc right wing, government stooge, state propagandists.

The hard right see them as lefty-liberal pc media darlings..

You see similar idiotic contradictions in other polarised extreme camps... one of my favourites are Rangers/Celtic. If you listen to their fans you get the same story in reverse, that the SFA hates their club and fans but is unduly lenient and forgiving of the other..

Similar History Discussions