Have any exiled ethnic groups returned from where they were exiled?

Aug 2011
I ask this question because the Jews were exiled on a number of occasions eventually returning to where they were exiled from. Can anyone recollect any other ethnic groups doing this?

Larrey

Ad Honorem
Sep 2011
Crimean Tatars – removed completely from Crimea in 1944 as the Soviets retook it from the German occupiers, and relocated mostly to Uzbekistan on Stalin's orders. Gradually allowed to return beginning in the 1960's, but only fully at the end of the USSR. And they did. And then they ended up in Ukraine of course. And then somehow Russia caught up with them. So now there is a largish exile community in Ukraine, outside Crimea, again.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I ask this question because the Jews were exiled on a number of occasions eventually returning to where they were exiled from. Can anyone recollect any other ethnic groups doing this?
Yes--specifically the Crimean Tatars after 1991. The Chechens might also qualify for this--though I am less sure about this one than I am about the Crimean Tatars.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Crimean Tatars – removed completely from Crimea in 1944 as the Soviets retook it from the German occupiers, and relocated mostly to Uzbekistan on Stalin's orders. Gradually allowed to return beginning in the 1960's, but only fully at the end of the USSR. And they did. And then they ended up in Ukraine of course. And then somehow Russia caught up with them. So now there is a largish exile community in Ukraine, outside Crimea, again.
I heard that only 5% of them actually left Crimea after Russia retook Crimea several years ago. Is this figure way too low?

Aug 2019
Bengaluru, India/Sharjah, UAE
Israelis are a race. And yeah they came. Honestly the fact that they control entire western world is huge achievement.

But since they got Canaan and all

Isn't nit time for all of them to go back permanently?

Respect God

After all they were following god's wishes

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Israelis are a race. And yeah they came. Honestly the fact that they control entire western world is huge achievement.

But since they got Canaan and all

Isn't nit time for all of them to go back permanently?

Respect God

After all they were following god's wishes

I really hope that you are joking here. After all, not every Jew actually wants to live in Israel.

Would you actually like it if all Hindus and Sikhs were told to go back to India?