Hello - Book Recommendations Anyone?

Mar 2016
California
Hi everyone, I'm not really a history buff, I just suddenly found myself fascinated with how humand have evolved together over the years.

I, with no background other than a sociology degree, am looking for a book that details the societal structures of early civilizations. Preferably starting from as far back as history goes. I don't know any insider history or archaeology jargon. I just want to know what societies were like and how they evolved over time. So if anyone could suggest a good book (or books) that do just that and aren't too heavy. That would be amazing.

:) Thanks

Feb 2016
Atlantic Ocean
Welcome :D

Now i know it is a massive book, but when you want to know anything about the days of antiquity that focus on the late roman empire you cannot go wrong with this

Gives great insight into cicero himself

Mar 2016
The motherland
"The Origins of Political Order: From Prehuman Times to the French Revolution"
by Francis Fukuyama is the best book available on the subject.

Francis Fukuyama examines the paths that different societies have taken to reach their current forms of political order. This book starts with the very beginning of mankind and comes right up to the eve of the French and American revolutions, spanning such diverse disciplines as economics, anthropology and geography. The Origins of Political Order is a magisterial study on the emergence of mankind as a political animal, by one of the most eminent political thinkers writing today.

Jun 2012
Brazil
Hello and welcome.
if you have interest on the Maya civilization
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Handbook-Life-Ancient-Maya-World/dp/0195183630"]Amazon.com: Handbook to Life in the Ancient Maya World (9780195183634): Lynn V. Foster, Peter Mathews: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51FJd6sqKBL.@@AMEPARAM@@51FJd6sqKBL[/ame]

Similiar History Discussions History Forum Date
New Users
New Users
New Users
New Users

Similar History Discussions