Help in translating a text

Oct 2015
Romania
Hello i am doing a project about an old german familiy and this text is related to them i dont know german can someone pls translate it its not long

[FONT=&quot]veilchen ersterben vergiessmeinnicht eleichen, es welket die rose und das rollende blatt sinkt in verwehenden staue, nicht so die blume des herzens, die ewig blühende freundschatt, ihren stengel zerknikt selbst nicht das trümmernde grab. einst an der weit geöffneten pforte der glücklichen welten beicht der harrende freund seinem entrehrtens die hand.[/FONT]

Shtajerc

Ad Honorem
Jul 2014
Lower Styria, Slovenia
Hello i am doing a project about an old german familiy and this text is related to them i dont know german can someone pls translate it its not long

[FONT=&quot]veilchen ersterben vergiessmeinnicht eleichen, es welket die rose und das rollende blatt sinkt in verwehenden staue, nicht so die blume des herzens, die ewig blühende freundschatt, ihren stengel zerknikt selbst nicht das trümmernde grab. einst an der weit geöffneten pforte der glücklichen welten beicht der harrende freund seinem entrehrtens die hand.[/FONT]
The text speaka about how the flower of love and friendship never dies, unlike all other flowers.

Violets die, (idk the English name, we call it spominčice, nots perhaps?) something something, the rose perishes and the rolling leaf sinks in dust (I asume), not so the flower of the heart, the eternally blooming friendship, its stem can't be knicked even by the crushing grave. Once on the wide open (might be doorstep, not sure?) of happy worlds a friend gives his hand to his something.

It's a weird German and although I can understand it, I can't translate it word for word. There are native speakers here, I'm sure they will. :)

beorna

Ad Honoris
Jan 2010
-

[FONT=&quot]veilchen ersterben vergiessmeinnicht [FONT=&quot]b[/FONT]leichen, es welket die rose und das rollende blatt sinkt in verwehende staude, nicht so die blume des herzens, die ewig blühende freundscha[FONT=&quot]f[/FONT]t, ihren stengel zerknickt selbst nicht das trümmernde grab. einst an der weit geöffneten pforte der glücklichen welten [FONT=&quot]r[/FONT]eicht der harrende freund seinem ?entrehrtens? die hand.[/FONT]
violets die, forget-me-nots (myosotis) fade away, it withers the rose and the rolling leave sinks into the blown-away shrub, not so the flower of the heart, the eternal bloming friendship, her stem isn't even folded by the smashing grave, once in a time, at the wide open gate of lucky worlds, the persisting friend reaches out his hand to his esteemed.

Oct 2013
Europix
this passage appears at p 77 in "Die Sprache der Bluhmen, theils nach des Selam vorzüglich aber nach vaterländishen Muster-Dichtungen bearbeitet." - Wüzburg, 1826

Immortelle (große).

Veilchen ersterben, vergißmeinnicht bleichen, es welket die Rose, nicht so die Blume des Herzens, uns're ewig blühende Freundshaft - ihren Stengel zerknickt selbst nicht das trümmernde Grab

https://books.google.be/books?id=tG...HjAA#v=onepage&q="veilchen ersterben"&f=false
https://books.google.be/books?id=tG...HjAA#v=onepage&q="veilchen ersterben"&f=false

Maybe than can help You.

Is it an epitaph on a tomb?

Last edited:
Oct 2015
Romania
Oct 2013
Europix
yes it is thank you all
Nothing to thank about ( I speak for myself, I didn't even translate it !)

What period is the tomb (if I'm not indiscreet) ?

And btw, welcome to the forum! I'd say You're in a good place: You will find some very knowledgeable historumites around that can help You when it comes to German related stuff (You already met beorna and Shtaj)

Similar History Discussions