help with final =)

Dec 2007
hey all,im new to this board.. i was wondering if anyone could help me with some of these questions on my final. its a take home test and some focus on the history of europe as well as the lead up to WWI...

let me no if you could help me thank you!!!!

if you have aim or any sort of messanger it would most likely be easier to talk.
me being a history major i still have some problems.

Dec 2007
haha good point!!!! i gotta write on two of these questions.. but they gotta be like a couple pages double spaced..im strugglin...

1.) In many ways the seeds of decline and (in some cases) the fall of the great empires of Europe were already being shown in the last decades of the nineteenth century. Discuss this proposition with respect to the empires of Britain, France, Austria, and Russia.

2.) Analyze the so-called "New Imperialism" of the late nineteenth century. Why did imperialism re-emerge after a 50-75 year hiatus? Address social, political, economic, and cultural issues to your answer.

Thanks all...these two are really killin me!

Jul 2006
Virginia
1:) When I earn my PhD and become a respected, well-paid professor at a major university, you can read the book I'd like to write describing the "end of the world" in 1917-18.

2:) Try doing a little research on the rush for Africa, which happened when Europeans stopped dying on a regular basis in the interior. Also look at the emergence of a unified German Empire that wanted to be a German EMPIRE. Plus, look at other sources from the day like Kipling's "White Man's Burden" and other stuff about the West's responsibility to "help our little brown brothers"

Jul 2006
Virginia
Also notice how in question one, you called it Austria, and not Austria-Hungary, there is a reason for that ;-)

Dec 2007
Komrade i dont have time to read lol... these two questions are killin me man.. can you help me though?

Jul 2006
Virginia
I just did, I gave you some leads to pursue. Now pursue them if you so choose. I'm sorry, I'm not going to give you a pair of crutches on a final exam. As a history major, you're going to have to do a lot of reading and writing if you haven't already (what year are you?). I myself have five days to wrap up a twenty page research paper that will pretty much determine my grade in a class required for my major on top of the work for all my other classes. Oh, and then seminar is going to be a blast in another year or two. That paper is thirty to forty pages.