Help!

CelticBard

Historum Emeritas
Aug 2006
Roving
Those of you with knowledge on the Renaissance and related topics we could use your help establishing more discussions for this time period. Thank you.

CelticBard

Historum Emeritas
Aug 2006
Roving
Haha, been there. I've got a print of the North Wall of the Sistene Chapel hanging up within eyeshot. It's really a beautiful place when one sees it in the right light, Michelango can make a painting look like a sculpture, amazing.

Jul 2006
Hellas
CelticBard said:
Haha, been there. I've got a print of the North Wall of the Sistene Chapel hanging up within eyeshot. It's really a beautiful place when one sees it in the right light, Michelango can make a painting look like a sculpture, amazing.
you..you.. lucky guy, tell us how was it?

CelticBard

Historum Emeritas
Aug 2006
Roving
It's absolutely amazing, such a crowd, but everything is looking up so your view is never impeded. Michelango was able to do quite a bit of revenge work in the Sistene Chapel, on the Last Judgement, the North Wall, he painted one of the men who had forced him to do the Chapel, Michelango thought of himself as a sculptor and did the rest of the Chapel, but was told he has to do something for the North Wall as well. The man's face was painted with donkey ears and he was nude with a snake biting his crotch. Also outside the Chapel in one of the other galleries there is a ceiling centerpiece that looks like a brain, Michelango knew the church detested human autopsies and exploration of cadavers so he painted that as a prank.

When I was there a family came in and spread out a table cloth on the floor and started having a little picnic inside the Sistine Chapel, needless to say the guards immediately charged them and scooped them up for detainment, haha.