Hi from The Netherlands!

Jul 2019
The Netherlands
I guess I should post a little about myself here, considering I am new.

My name is Julia, I'm 17 years old and I come from The Netherlands. I am most interested in military history and the history of fashion, hence my profile picture. The historical period I am most interested in would be the world wars era, cliché, I know. As for the history of fashion, I honestly have no idea what period I find most interesting, that changes from day to day, really. My love for history started at a very young age. Since my dad has a thing for it too, I think I got it from him. It started out with my obsession with the Romans and Egyptians at around age four. It died down a bit due to personal issues but since a year or two ago, I've been very much into history again, mainly due to the history teacher I had for the last two years of high school. He always encouraged me to pick up my passion and it even resulted into me being awarded a certification for my excellence in history by the national committee of history professors, which I am really proud of!

Anyway, I hope this was understandable - English isn't my first language, haha.

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
Welkom, Julia (en proficiat vor het eerste neederlandse maillot jaune vanaaf tientallen jaren in de Tour de France !)

Looking forward for Your posts: would be interesting to hear about fashion in History: not that much we know or talk about around here)

______
* and congratulations for the first Dutch yellow shirt in decades in the Tour de France.

Jul 2019
The Netherlands
Welkom, Julia (en proficiat vor het eerste neederlandse maillot jaune vanaaf tientallen jaren in de Tour de France !)

Looking forward for Your posts: would be interesting to hear about fashion in History: not that much we know or talk about around here)

______
* and congratulations for the first Dutch yellow shirt in decades in the Tour de France.
Ah, danku, danku, I have to admit I'm not much of a sports fan though, haha!

Really? I might create a post about fashion in history soon then!

Jul 2019
The Netherlands
Julia, as You see, You have two potential auditors already!

And I'm not just polite (and I think Lins isn't either): it's a domain so much (unfairly) ignored in history and historical discussions!
Hmm, I might make a post tomorrow, when I come home from work. Would a post about people's favorite era of fashion be interesting? As in, those threads where people ask a question, and then mine would be 'what is your favorite historical period in regards to fashion?' (or something worded a little better) and people would comment theirs? It seems fun. I don't really know how forums work, lol.

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
Hmm, I might make a post tomorrow, when I come home from work. Would a post about people's favorite era of fashion be interesting? As in, those threads where people ask a question, and then mine would be 'what is your favorite historical period in regards to fashion?' (or something worded a little better) and people would comment theirs? It seems fun. I don't really know how forums work, lol.
Take Your time and look around, to see how it works.

There was Denitza who was interested and knowledgeable in fashion (more on traditional costumes in eastern Europe), but I didn't saw her around for quite some time.

Similar History Discussions