Hillary Clinton's Ongoing Email Scandal

Status
Closed

Valens

Ad Honorem
Feb 2014
Colonia Valensiana
Being aware of the contemporary politics rule, I wish to make this thread solely about Hillary Clinton's email scandal, which predates the current presidential election.
It's one of the major scandals involving Clinton, including the ones about Benghazi attack.
The scandal escalated recently when FBI announced an investigation into Clinton's and her associates email servers. Wikileaks is also involved, as well as foreign governments (if we are to believe certain allegations).
Is this growing into a biggest scandal in our times?

Hillary Clinton endangered by WikiLeaks, Anthony Weiner and botched FBI investigation - Washington Times

Valens

Ad Honorem
Feb 2014
Colonia Valensiana
Tick, tick, tick.......
One could argue that all the Brexit threads are also contemporary politics. But the email scandal is as much as a contemporary event as everything else in the current events subforum.
Well, if the mods decide otherwise, we just wasted bandwidth. :D

Von Ranke

Ad Honorem
Nov 2011
Thistleland
One could argue that all the Brexit threads are also contemporary politics. But the email scandal is as much as a contemporary event as everything else in the current events subforum.
Well, if the mods decide otherwise, we just wasted bandwidth. :D
You never know they might have a change of heart, but I have the feeling that if this is allowed the suspension notification log would be working overtime. Best of luck with it anyway my friend. :)

Valens

Ad Honorem
Feb 2014
Colonia Valensiana
You never know they might have a change of heart, but I have the feeling that if this is allowed the suspension notification log would be working overtime. Best of luck with it anyway my friend. :)
I've seen stranger things here... :lol: I agree, but the line between contemporary politics/events was always extremely unclear to me, so I decided to try out my luck.
Still, we can wait a few days for it to become a full-fledged current event.

Jul 2016
Just outside the Rust Belt
My short opinion
1) Yes she is a idiot
2) Likely she was just a idiot and that's not against the law...yet
3) Even if prosecuted it is highly unlikely she will get convicted
4) If she becomes President, even if there is damning evidence I doubt she will even get impeached let alone convicted.

EDIT: Going to respond to the thread till a admin says "no" but Valens is correct, the Brexit threads are just as "new" as the email scandal.

Valens

Ad Honorem
Feb 2014
Colonia Valensiana
My short opinion
1) Yes she is a idiot
4) If she becomes President, even if there is damning evidence I doubt she will even get impeached let alone convicted.

EDIT: Going to respond to the thread till a admin says "no" but Valens is correct, the Brexit threads are just as "new" as the email scandal.
You are probably right. What makes it even more appalling is that the email affair is not her worst scandal. The way things are going now, I would not be surprised there is another one, and soon.

Jul 2016
USA
My short opinion
1) Yes she is a idiot

During her political life sge has dealt heavily in intelligence briefings, by this point she would received hundreds of them. Numerous people, including the former secretary of state, warned her about private email for official correspondence. Rules don't allow for privite email for the very reason in this situation, she got hacked early on and it looks like five different foreign governments got part or possibly all of her official correspondence. She did this solely to avoid US Govt being able to read her emails. Podesta emails proved when they deleted them they did it to avoid divulging them, that they knew classified information waa improperly stored and compromised as a result.

People don't realize what this means and it's significance. For four years she might as well been a spy for numerous countries because they know everything she wrote and what others wrote her, including the current POTUS. It terms of historical context our executive branch has never knowingly been compromised to this level. They got nearly everything and it wasn't even hard.

If she gets elected there might be a civil war.

Jul 2016
Just outside the Rust Belt
During her political life sge has dealt heavily in intelligence briefings, by this point she would received hundreds of them. Numerous people, including the former secretary of state, warned her about private email for official correspondence. Rules don't allow for privite email for the very reason in this situation, she got hacked early on and it looks like five different foreign governments got part or possibly all of her official correspondence. She did this solely to avoid US Govt being able to read her emails. Podesta emails proved when they deleted them they did it to avoid divulging them, that they knew classified information waa improperly stored and compromised as a result.

People don't realize what this means and it's significance. For four years she might as well been a spy for numerous countries because they know everything she wrote and what others wrote her, including the current POTUS. It terms of historical context our executive branch has never knowingly been compromised to this level. They got nearly everything and it wasn't even hard.

If she gets elected there might be a civil war.
A little hyperbolic don't you think?

May 2015
Germany
I as a German hope that Trumps get elected. I prefer an incompetent idiot over a women who hearty laughs about a murder (Gaddafi) and is only too horny to rebuild the reputation of the US beeing the worldpolice.

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions