Hip Flasks - Debonair Elegance for the Modern Gent or Tacky Kitsch?

Jan 2015
Front Lines of the Pig War
My father had one of these that he used in the war, crocodile skin with a silver casing pushing up quite high on it, but leaving a strip of glass open as in your second photo so that you could see what was in it (also rising than that, but you could pull it completely off)-it curved round so that it would be comfortable when slipped into a hip pocket. It was really natty, a shame that it seems to have been snaffled by one of my brothers.
Is it legal to drive with one in the UK?
(assuming it's spirits and not lemonade...)

Out in the colonies i believe in most parts it's illegal to carry alcohol in a vehicle if its unsealed

Feb 2019
Pennsylvania, US
Is it legal to drive with one in the UK?
(assuming it's spirits and not lemonade...)

Out in the colonies i believe in most parts it's illegal to carry alcohol in a vehicle if its unsealed
I think most of the US has laws restricting having any unsealed containers in the car (including flasks)... there are like two states where the passenger can have unsealed booze, though - I think it's MD and VA. It's a bit ridiculous, because technically you could leave a party where you brought a large bottle of wine or spirits that was opened but not used and there's no way to bring it home. Hopefully the UK isn't nearly as restrictive.

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Just make sure that you wear your little sun hat like this lush... er... *lady* here is modeling ... the effects of 2 liters of vodka and too much direct sunlight can be ... hazardous. :lol:
I hope you are not suggesting that drinking vodka out of a back back made, essentially, from an old wine cask is not ' debonair elegance ' ?

Besides , you can wear them lower down .... in your bustle , when you perform at the opera and want to sneak in a little ' 2 litre sip '

Me? Personally I prefer Faberge cigarette cases ;

Ornate

1561932482008.png 1561932738413.png

or 'plain gold nugget' style ;

1561933068289.png

Similar History Discussions