Historic Customs House Location?

Nov 2016
Germany
hydraulic jigger?
Considering the distance, the wheel would be about 6 meters large. And it´s very high positioned. I don't see a crane jib except the dark balk to the left is such a one. But I won´t exclude that you are right.

1574879354792.png

1574879317551.jpeg

Last edited:

betgo

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
There is nothing named St. anything in New Jersey. There are many Dutch and Swedish named locations in New Jersey, but no St. ones, even if it has a large Catholic population today.

There are many St. names in the midwest, which was originally French and a Florida, Louisiana and elsewhere along the Gulf coast. Lots and Sans and Santas in the west. There are also a few St. names in New England along the border with Quebec and in eastern Maryland. There are several saint named locations in England, Scotland, and Wales.

Good find though that the photo was of Jersey, Channel Isles.

Aug 2018
Southern Indiana
Considering the distance, the wheel would be about 6 meters large. And it´s very high positioned. I don't see a crane jib except the dark balk to the left is such a one. But I won´t exclude that you are right.

View attachment 25071

View attachment 25070
Can't really see what is at the base of it, but maybe another possibility is a drawbridge or lock of some kind.

Attachments

Aug 2018
Southern Indiana
After looking at the picture more closely, I am wondering if it is Havana. If you look to the left there is a tower that could be "El Morro" El morro.png