Historical Figures and Who Should Play Them

I'm glad to learn that you got pleasure from 2 truly dreadful films

I got the point of "The Passion Of The Christ" being made in Aramaic ;( the Vatican loved it) However, I think it's a bit precious.

As for Apocalypto ,I don't know what he was thinking. Filming the movie in Mayan implies the film is historically accurate, which it ain't.
I enjoyed that an effort was made in terms of linguistic accuracy, regardless of the film's inaccuracies. I also have to admit that I genuinely enjoyed the film anyway.

Oct 2018
Adelaide south Australia
I enjoyed that an effort was made in terms of linguistic accuracy, regardless of the film's inaccuracies. I also have to admit that I genuinely enjoyed the film anyway.

Fair enough. I often enjoy films the critics shred.Eg "John Carter" , which I just sat back and enjoyed (in 3d) Possibly because I've read all of the John Carter Of Mars books, and loved them (in 1966).

Fair enough. I often enjoy films the critics shred.Eg "John Carter" , which I just sat back and enjoyed (in 3d) Possibly because I've read all of the John Carter Of Mars books, and loved them (in 1966).
In my case, I think I was going to enjoy a film about Mayans no matter the actual quality. I want to see more movies set in Pre-Columbian Mesoamerica.

Aug 2012
I always thought Matthew McConaughey would make a good Jefferson Davis. Not just a great actor, but his facial features seem quite similar. I'd like to think he would deliver a nuanced performance, and even if Davis was on the wrong side of history, wouldn't portray him as a pantomime villain.

And here's another one - Jeff Goldblum as Warren G. Harding. Harding had the strange capacity to be both a pompous blowhard, and a truly popular, charismatic man-of-the-people, and I think Goldblum could nail that. He would also be perfect for portraying the darker side of Harding's personality, because he was a man with a lot of insecurities and personal demons.

MAGolding

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
Speaking from a historical perspective, all of the suggestions for actors will someday be obsolete, while movies about those historical characters might continued to be made for centuries or millennia to come.

Similar History Discussions