Historical Figures and Who Should Play Them

I'm glad to learn that you got pleasure from 2 truly dreadful films

I got the point of "The Passion Of The Christ" being made in Aramaic ;( the Vatican loved it) However, I think it's a bit precious.

As for Apocalypto ,I don't know what he was thinking. Filming the movie in Mayan implies the film is historically accurate, which it ain't.
I enjoyed that an effort was made in terms of linguistic accuracy, regardless of the film's inaccuracies. I also have to admit that I genuinely enjoyed the film anyway.

Oct 2018
Adelaide south Australia
I enjoyed that an effort was made in terms of linguistic accuracy, regardless of the film's inaccuracies. I also have to admit that I genuinely enjoyed the film anyway.

Fair enough. I often enjoy films the critics shred.Eg "John Carter" , which I just sat back and enjoyed (in 3d) Possibly because I've read all of the John Carter Of Mars books, and loved them (in 1966).

Fair enough. I often enjoy films the critics shred.Eg "John Carter" , which I just sat back and enjoyed (in 3d) Possibly because I've read all of the John Carter Of Mars books, and loved them (in 1966).
In my case, I think I was going to enjoy a film about Mayans no matter the actual quality. I want to see more movies set in Pre-Columbian Mesoamerica.

Aug 2012
I always thought Matthew McConaughey would make a good Jefferson Davis. Not just a great actor, but his facial features seem quite similar. I'd like to think he would deliver a nuanced performance, and even if Davis was on the wrong side of history, wouldn't portray him as a pantomime villain.

And here's another one - Jeff Goldblum as Warren G. Harding. Harding had the strange capacity to be both a pompous blowhard, and a truly popular, charismatic man-of-the-people, and I think Goldblum could nail that. He would also be perfect for portraying the darker side of Harding's personality, because he was a man with a lot of insecurities and personal demons.

Similar History Discussions