Historicity of Jesus as a probability spectrum

The Historicity of Jesus as a probability spectrum (See comments in OP)

• (1) p(HJ) = 100% (Most certainly historical)

Votes: 46 39.0%
  • (2) p(HJ) = 90%

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • (3) p(HJ) = 70%

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • (4) p(HJ) = 60%

• (5) p(HJ) = 42%

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • (6) p(HJ) = 30%

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • (7) p(HJ) = 10%

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • (8) p(HJ) = 0% (Pious Forgery)

• Total voters

Maribat

Ad Honorem
Mar 2012
Can you prove that the numbers are real or only exist in the word of the "ideas" ?

There are two possible answers:

1. I can prove the numbers are real. Does it in some possible way prove there's only one god?

2. I cannot prove the numbers are real. Does it in some possible way prove there's only one god?

I don't see where you lead. The question is simple. You said you can prove there's one and only one mover. OK. Prove it.

Cepheus

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Hi

Not all things that exist can be defined by a materialist science.
Particularly ideas and mental models.
Show me the numbers I ask you - where resides the numbers for instance. Is it a physical entity or a mental construct? If that cannot be considered metaphysical then what else can?
To me it looks like metaphysical is as real as physical if not more.

I don't want to persuade someone to accept or not "metaphysic".. but you can't deny, - from a logical point of view -, it is not "rational".
The answer of the fundamental questions is beyond empiric science.
The empiric science will never be able to answer the question: Why there is something instead of nothing...
Have a nice day aldo.

VHS

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
Brassicaland
Buddhism doesn't fit into either category of religion or philosophy.

Buddhism doesn’t come from a theistic position.

It’s not based on a metaphysical or doctrinal position, but on an existential experience common to all humanity.

I would say it is a “way of life” or “lifestyle” particularly for western hippies ( are there hippies in Europe? )

Some people think that Buddhism is great because it is not demanding..
If you learn that true Buddhist monastic disciples cannot enjoy any sensual pleasures (such as fine arts, anything sexual), and are totally dependent on donations of foods, clothings, medical needs, beddings or dwellings to exist, and cannot complain about such donations, you will think again.
The lives of laypeople are easier, but it still asks for prohibition against killings of all forms, stealing or illicit possessions of all forms, any sexual activities outside of marriage (including viewing of sexual contexts), and uses of narcotics.
I bet the hippies don't follow even the laypeople's rules!

Jul 2016
Europe/Switzerland/Ticino
There are two possible answers:

1. I can prove the numbers are real. Does it in some possible way prove there's only one god?

2. I cannot prove the numbers are real. Does it in some possible way prove there's only one god?

I don't see where you lead. The question is simple. You said you can prove there's one and only one mover. OK. Prove it.

Now it is clear that you are a non believer..... but can you prove that the numbers are real or not ?
If you are not able that prove the materialistic existence of the numbers...you should not deny the validity of methaphisyc...

Maribat

Ad Honorem
Mar 2012
Now it is clear that you are a non believer..... but can you prove that the numbers are real or not ?
If you are not able that prove the materialistic existence of the numbers...you should not deny the validity of methaphisyc...
Now will you give your proofs of the existence of a sole mover, pl?

Similar History Discussions