Historicity of Jesus as a probability spectrum

The Historicity of Jesus as a probability spectrum (See comments in OP)

• (1) p(HJ) = 100% (Most certainly historical)

Votes: 46 38.7%
  • (2) p(HJ) = 90%

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • (3) p(HJ) = 70%

• (4) p(HJ) = 60%

• (5) p(HJ) = 42%

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • (6) p(HJ) = 30%

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • (7) p(HJ) = 10%

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • (8) p(HJ) = 0% (Pious Forgery)

• Total voters
Jul 2016
Europe/Switzerland/Ticino
Now will you give your proofs of the existence of a sole mover, pl?
Big bang.... Most of the great minds agree that everything begun with and after a BIG BANG.

The the observation of nature leads to this..

Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître ( 17 July 1894 – 20 June 1966) was a Belgian priest, astronomer and professor of physics at the Catholic University of Leuven .

He proposed the theory of the expansion of the universe widely misattributed to Edwin Hubble.

He was the first to derive what is now known as Hubble's law and made the first estimation of what is now called the Hubble constant which he published in 1927, two years before Hubble's article. Lemaître also proposed what became known as the Big Bang theory of the origin of the universe.

If you don't like physic please read the : Summa Theologiæ work of Thomas Aquinas.

I don't want to convince someone to believe in God... and the "object" of the 3d is the existence of Jesus...

I'm sure that most of the atheist change their mind when the "Death" is around the corner.

Ps.. There is ONLY ONE SIN considered eternal or unforgivable and that is the sin against Holy Spirit.

Be ready to go to hell to meet Satan and Voltair

Voltaire famous anti-christian atheist: "I am abandoned by God and man; I will give you half of what I am worth if you will give me six months' life." (He said this to Dr. Fochin, who told him it could not be done.) "Then I shall die and go to hell!" (His nurse said: "For all the money in Europe I wouldn’t want to see another unbeliever die! All night long he cried for forgiveness )

Last edited:
Jul 2016
So what? Maybe it was a team of six Gods working?
It is not logical your question..

You are a non believer.
You don't like physic and metaphysic..
You are not able to prove the existence of the numbers.
You don't accept the historical existence of Jesus..

I think you are a fan of Dawkins..( He is an ant's life expert )

For the last half of the twentieth century, Antony Flew (1923-2010) was the world's most famous atheist.

Long before Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, and Sam Harris began taking swipes at religion, Flew was the preeminent spokesman for unbelief.

However in 2004, he shocked the world by announcing he had come to believe in God.

While never embracing Christianity—Flew only believed in the deistic, Aristotelian conception of God—he became one of the most high-profile and surprising atheist converts.

Last edited:

Maribat

Ad Honorem
Mar 2012
It is not logical your question..

You are a non believer.
You don't like physic and metaphysic..
You are not able to prove the existence of the numbers.
You don't accept the historical existence of Jesus..

I think you are a fan of Dawkins..( He is an ant's life expert )

For the last half of the twentieth century, Antony Flew (1923-2010) was the world's most famous atheist.

Long before Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, and Sam Harris began taking swipes at religion, Flew was the preeminent spokesman for unbelief.

However in 2004, he shocked the world by announcing he had come to believe in God.

While never embracing Christianity—Flew only believed in the deistic, Aristotelian conception of God—he became one of the most high-profile and surprising atheist converts.
You know I am kind of tired of waiting for an answer. I have a strong feeling that you have none.

Cepheus

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
If you don't like physic please read the : Summa Theologiæ work of Thomas Aquinas.

I don't want to convince someone to believe in God... and the "object" of the 3d is the existence of Jesus...

I'm sure that most of the atheist change their mind when the "Death" is around the corner.

Ps.. There is ONLY ONE SIN considered eternal or unforgivable and that is the sin against Holy Spirit.

Be ready to go to hell to meet Satan and Voltair

Voltaire famous anti-christian atheist: "I am abandoned by God and man; I will give you half of what I am worth if you will give me six months' life." (He said this to Dr. Fochin, who told him it could not be done.) "Then I shall die and go to hell!" (His nurse said: "For all the money in Europe I wouldn’t want to see another unbeliever die! All night long he cried for forgiveness )
pros·e·lyt·ize
ˈpräs(ə)ləˌtīz/
verb
gerund or present participle: proselytizing
convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another.
"the program did have a tremendous evangelical effect, proselytizing many"
synonyms:evangelize, convert, save, redeem, win over, preach (to), recruit, act as a missionary "I'm not here to proselytize"

advocate or promote (a belief or course of action).
"Davis wanted to share his concept and proselytize his ideas"
synonyms:promote, advocate, champion, advance, further, spread, proclaim, peddle, preach, endorse, urge, recommend, boost "he wanted to proselytize his ideas"

GOOGLE: proselytizing

Jun 2016
England, 200 yards from Wales
Wrong on most counts. Voltaire was a Deist, not being an Atheist was one of his few faults. So with that wrong it's not surprising the rest is too.
The deathbed story is of course nonsense, such lies were made up by believers about the deaths of others too - such as Hume and Tom Paine. Just look at a normal biography of any of them, rather than a religious tract.

Jul 2016
You know I am kind of tired of waiting for an answer. I have a strong feeling that you have none.
What kind of answer ?

I believe in God ( which is not in conflit with "reason" ... )

I'm Christian and that is my "personal choice".

I remember that the 3d is about the historical existence of Jesus..

Kookaburra Jack

Ad Honorem
May 2011
Rural Australia
BUMP.

If you have not voted please consider doing so since I am interested in the overall distribution
The current results are as follows:

Total Voters = 115

(1) p(HJ) = 100% Votes: 46 40.0%
(2) p(HJ) = 90% Votes: 11 9.6%
(3) p(HJ) = 70% Votes: 11 9.6%
(4) p(HJ) = 60% Votes: 12 10.4%
-------------------------------------
(5) p(HJ) = 42% Votes: 12 10.4%
(6) p(HJ) = 30% Votes: 6 5.2%
(7) p(HJ) = 10% Votes: 5 4.3%
(8) p(HJ) = 0% Votes: 12 10.4%

Where p(HJ) represents the estimated probability that Jesus is historical.