History of Africa before 1879

Feb 2019
Nigeria
Before 1879, most of the interior and hinterland of the African continent was made up of states and kingdoms that enjoyed self government, sovereignty and limited independence from influence of the colonial might and their imperialist ambitions.

Apart from a few territories, the coastal areas like cape colony, Algeria, Senegal, Luanda , the Canary Islands and parts of the Gold Coast, which were directly or indirectly under European control, Africa's hinterland was free of colonial influence. European nations with lands and possessions along the African costal cities by 1879, including Portugal, British Empire, France and Spain. Powerful kingdoms in Africa at that time included.................................

Continue reading through the link

Historicalville

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Before 1879, most of the interior and hinterland of the African continent was made up of states and kingdoms that enjoyed self government, sovereignty and limited independence from influence of the colonial might and their imperialist ambitions.

Apart from a few territories, the coastal areas like cape colony, Algeria, Senegal, Luanda , the Canary Islands and parts of the Gold Coast, which were directly or indirectly under European control, Africa's hinterland was free of colonial influence. European nations with lands and possessions along the African costal cities by 1879, including Portugal, British Empire, France and Spain. Powerful kingdoms in Africa at that time included.................................

Continue reading through the link

Historicalville
Interesting theme, for a moment I thought that the link would led me to an article but is just to one more paragraph without much information.

This is a good thread to see here mentioned the Muata Cabeze, Barotze, Muatiânvua… and some real information, but in the link only are mentioned some of the usual suspects, the Zulus. Anyway good to see mentioned to the Congo Kingdom, Asante and curiously Zanzibar. I was a bit confused with the “Fulani Empire Buganda”, but that is out of my knowledge.

That part is an introduction or is the full text?

Feb 2019
Nigeria
Interesting theme, for a moment I thought that the link would led me to an article but is just to one more paragraph without much information.

This is a good thread to see here mentioned the Muata Cabeze, Barotze, Muatiânvua… and some real information, but in the link only are mentioned some of the usual suspects, the Zulus. Anyway good to see mentioned to the Congo Kingdom, Asante and curiously Zanzibar. I was a bit confused with the “Fulani Empire Buganda”, but that is out of my knowledge.

That part is an introduction or is the full text?
Well, Fulani Empire occupied large part of Northern Nigeria, the link led you to my blog and that was the full article but I will still write in addition to it.

You can subscribe to my blog through your email and get latest update on my article, I don't blog just on African History alone, it's global.

Subscribe so when I post the next article, you will be informed via mail. Thanks.

Similar History Discussions