History of Macedonia

falcon

Ad Honorem
May 2008
No.
We dont demand land from them either.
I think sturm you missunderstood what Efendi was asking.

Although we don't demand or claim any of their territory, they in turn demand land from Bulgaria, what is known as Pirin Macedonia, and from Greece they claim naively the Greek Macedonia which they call Aegean Macedonia.
This people are out of this world, first they try to create an ethnicity out of a region, based on the assumption that they settle there sometime in the 6th or 7th century, stealing the name Macedonia and completely disregarding the fact that even the area they reside is not really what was always known from ancient times as Macedonia.

sturm

Ad Honorem
Jul 2009
Bulgaria
Those two lands (Pirin Macedonia, and Aegean Macedonia), nobody from there want to be Macedonian. I mean all people form Pirin Macedonia considered themself Bulgarian, there surnames are bulgarian (finish on -ov for man -va for female), in fact if somebody tells them "Your macedonians" you will offend them. Im sure its the same with Aegean Macedonia. This is a prove that Macedonias wasn't aways "macedonians" if you know what i mean ;)
Bulgaria and Greece, we have been under the rule of the Ottomans for nearly 500 years, but today you still are greek, and we are still bulgarians.
Im saying that because Macedonians from FYROM claims that we assimilated the macedonians in Pirin Mountains, and you assimilated the "macedonians" in Aegean Macedonia.
Besides Pirin mountains were not part of Anceint Macedonia so im aways woundering why do they have claim to this territory ;)

falcon

Ad Honorem
May 2008
Those two lands (Pirin Macedonia, and Aegean Macedonia), nobody from there want to be Macedonian. I mean all people form Pirin Macedonia considered themself Bulgarian, there surnames are bulgarian (finish on -ov for man -va for female), in fact if somebody tells them "Your macedonians" you will offend them. Im sure its the same with Aegean Macedonia. This is a prove that Macedonias wasn't aways "macedonians" if you know what i mean
The people in (Greek) Macedonia do call themselves Macedonians, but they don't recognize the right for the people of FYROM to call themselves Macedonians. Of course it's an insult for them to be called anything else, other than Greek-Macedonians.

Bulgaria and Greece, we have been under the rule of the Ottomans for nearly 500 years, but today you still are greek, and we are still bulgarians.
Greece was under the Ottoman rule for 360 years.

Besides Pirin mountains were not part of Anceint Macedonia so im aways woundering why do they have claim to this territory ;)
Not only Pirin Macedonia was not part of ancient Macedonia but even today's FYROM was not either.

Efendi

Ad Honoris
Jul 2009
Anatolia
What a problematic and egoist people the Fyrom is. They seem to want land from all around.

They want from Bulgarians, they want from Hellas, Albanians, The only they can't demand is Turkiy. If they would have sea or border reach Probably they want from Turk.

My mind boggle on this complicated issue.

Do they declare officially those lands are theirs?
when where?

Only this arise from what they called themshelf?

falcon

Ad Honorem
May 2008
In the case of Albania it's the other way around.
The Albanians are demanding as much as 1/3 of their land based upon their population in Fyrom. Remember the clashes they had a few years back.

sturm

Ad Honorem
Jul 2009
Bulgaria
They also have some demands from Kosovo :)

Falcon you have been 360 years, we have been for 500, yet you and we preserved our nationality. Besides how many times took for Greece, to take all the lands with greek population from the Ottomans? At the Balkan war, which means that like 400 + years.

Efendi, it isn't only how they are calling, Macedonians hate bulgarians, Fyrom is the only country that i will not want to visit. I shown you a video from youtube above, you have to watch it and you will see how bulgarians are treated there.
Any bulgarian living in FYROM who declares that he is bulgarian, is fired from his work, and sometimes terrorized by the police. Bulgarians there are attacked, constantlly. THey are just making enemies, the greeks, albanians, with us, that is stupid politic.

Efendi

Ad Honoris
Jul 2009
Anatolia
They also have some demands from Kosovo :)

Falcon you have been 360 years, we have been for 500, yet you and we preserved our nationality. Besides how many times took for Greece, to take all the lands with greek population from the Ottomans? At the Balkan war, which means that like 400 + years.

Efendi, it isn't only how they are calling, Macedonians hate bulgarians, Fyrom is the only country that i will not want to visit. I shown you a video from youtube above, you have to watch it and you will see how bulgarians are treated there.
Any bulgarian living in FYROM who declares that he is bulgarian, is fired from his work, and sometimes terrorized by the police. Bulgarians there are attacked, constantlly. THey are just making enemies, the greeks, albanians, with us, that is stupid politic.

I see Sturm i see.

The things seem very complicated while there are propanga of fascism. It seem that there is ready eager market for fascism.

Unfortunatelly because of this kind of stupid problems we can't provide stability in Balkan. These are handicap to be solved so that we became more properious nations.

We are not in situation what we deserve. Yet we may have not bad economic situation to some degree, It change from country to country in Balkan. but what i mean we deserve more than what France Germany and Britania deserve.

sturm

Ad Honorem
Jul 2009
Bulgaria
Yeah Efendi but after all Bulgaria and Greece arent FYROM biggest problem.
Bulgaria and Greece are both in Europen Union, both countries are tolerant, and peaceful.
But Albanians, they are the real problem for FYROM, they are growing in population, and they are treated like scum, they are also terrorized, they arent accepted as people at all, some serbs, and macedonians treat them like animals.
Albanians are muslims, they were in war with FYROM 2001, so what FYROM is doing is, digging its own grave.
Making enemies, isn't the right thing to do, specially in the Balkans region.

falcon

Ad Honorem
May 2008
Yeah Efendi but after all Bulgaria and Greece arent FYROM biggest problem.
Bulgaria and Greece are both in Europen Union, both countries are tolerant, and peaceful.
But Albanians, they are the real problem for FYROM, they are growing in population, and they are treated like scum, they are also terrorized, they arent accepted as people at all, some serbs, and macedonians treat them like animals.
Albanians are muslims, they were in war with FYROM 2001, so what FYROM is doing is, digging its own grave.
Making enemies, isn't the right thing to do, specially in the Balkans region.
Sturm, I wouldn't trust the Albanians either. Besides having demands on FYROM for as much as 1/3 of their land, they also want to incorporate Kossovo into Albania, and that won't go down very well with the Serbians, you'll always have an open wound there to be healed, and god knows how this will be done. Also they have demands on Montenegro and even Bosnia, but these things will be further down the road in order for them not to open too many fronts all at the same time. Believe or not they also raised questions for Northwestern Greece (Epirus), but we have also questions for Northern Epirus (Southern Albania) if they ever be foolish enough to try anything. They are dreaming of Greater Albania as they call it.
As you can see the situation is very complicated and the Bush administration not to mention Clinton's also, made very stupid mistakes coupled with other mistakes that were made by European countries like Germany and even England.
Where it would all end up, nobody knows.
So far I have avoided to mention the problems that exist between Greece and Turkey over Cyprus and the Aegean sea, in order not to complicate things any further.

Efendi

Ad Honoris
Jul 2009
Anatolia
Yes falcon we have terrible problem to solve no need to avoid.

At least we can comminucate

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9sA6ULM9xI"]YouTube - candan erçetin- çapkın (in greek) - live canlı[/ame]

The singer is Turk. On turkish TV.

It is an commercial of a biscuit who see no problem in making commercial like that

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDPpt_jC9fU"]YouTube - Turkish Greek FRIENDSHIP[/ame]