History of Pashtun tribal settlements in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province

Aug 2014
pakistan
good one but are Ghoris Pathans or Sayyids ?
Ghurids were Tajiks. The Ghoria Khel tribe of Pashtuns is not be confused with Ghorids of Ghor, who were Shansabani Tajiks or Persians.

Abu Fazal of Ain-e-akbari has mistakenly written Ghoria Khels of Peshawar to be simply "Ghauris".........these Ghauria Khel Pashtuns, when migrated to India, were called "Ghauri pathans" there.............instead of "Ghauria khel" pathans"

Last edited:
Jun 2013
Multan, Pakistan
Ghurids were Tajiks. The Ghoria Khel tribe of Pashtuns is not be confused with Ghorids of Ghor, who were Shansabani Tajiks or Persians.

Abu Fazal of Ain-e-akbari has mistakenly written Ghoria Khels of Peshawar to be simply "Ghauris".........these Ghauria Khel Pashtuns, when migrated to India, were called "Ghauri pathans" there.............instead of "Ghauria khel" pathans"
Can you tell me one thing, Why some Modern Mughals of Pakistan call themselves Mughal-Pathans and use Khan in their names?

Aug 2014
pakistan
Can you tell me one thing, Why some Modern Mughals of Pakistan call themselves Mughal-Pathans and use Khan in their names?
Never heard of Mughal-Pathan term.

The Khan title, was bestowed to their nobles by Mughals. All the ethnic Mughals had Khan titles. Non-Mughal nobles also had Khan titles

Jun 2013
Multan, Pakistan

The Khan title, was bestowed to their nobles by Mughals. All the ethnic Mughals had Khan titles. Non-Mughal nobles also had Khan titles
You might live in Punjab, don't you? Well in Balochistan, Pathans call themselves Mughals and use Khan instead of Surnames Mirza & Baig.

tornada

Ad Honoris
Mar 2013
India

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khan_(title)

Yeah, its basically a mongol derived term, and the Mughals claimed descent from them. The very word Mughal, is a corruption of the word Mongol. The Khan was a ruler in the Mongol classification, sort of like the term Raja in India I think. Its become a name because adopting one's title as a name is seen in many cultures. Kinda like how people are called Carpenter or Blacksmith (possibly even the name Black). Raja is also like that come to think of it

Last edited:
Jun 2013
Multan, Pakistan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khan_(title)

Yeah, its basically a mongol derived term, and the Mughals claimed descent from them. The very word Mughal, is a corruption of the word Mongol. The Khan was a ruler in the Mongol classification, sort of like the term Raja in India I think. Its become a name because adopting one's title as a name is seen in many cultures. Kinda like how people are called Carpenter or Blacksmith (possibly even the name Black). Raja is also like that come to think of it
Some Rajputs of Pakistan also use this Title "KHAN"

Similar History Discussions