History of Rors of Haryana

Jan 2019
Rorland Haryana
not only muslims but hindu also romanticize invading ''barbarians'' as indicated by above post, if some muslims claim heritage to turks and afghans, there is no lack of hindu communities esp from punjab and NW sub continent region claiming the same.

the muslim phenomenon is due to recent history, but hindu community fascination with such is colonial propaganda fed to the history books when colonists dug indian past and found barbarian invaders coming much before the turks/ muslims, linked them to the persians, and tried linking them to the communities in india.

rajputs also were once linked to the huns as well by the colonial BS until they realize they were using too much weed in their breakfast. rigvedic tribes have been linked to Punjabis etc, but without any recorded history to tell, everything will be nothing but just conjecture, i was laughing out loud when i read in wikipedia afghans have been interpreted to be ashvaka tribe from the rigvedas, these BS are nothing but pure conjecture that since afghans inhabit the same region as ashvakas supposed to be afghan word is derived from ashvakas.

regards
Does it have any link with this topic ??

Aug 2019
Haryana, India
I am Ror and my village is jolly (karnal). I always heard a story of Raja Ror and his empire Badli. Where Rors were attacked and most of us were killed on Rakshabandhan day as on this day we used to worship our gods and our weapons and don’t kill anyone on that day but because the enemy knew that thing they attacked us on rakshabhandan day and after that we had to run and leave badli and after that day our ancestors stopped celebrating rakshabandhan which is even some families know. We are Kshatriyas and we are the people from dadror bhainsror community from 1207. And then we adjusted in the villages near to karnal, Kurukshetra, Kaithal, Panipat, jind and some villages in Uttar Pradesh and lived our lives by having our own lands in these parts.

Reactions: Bharata
Nov 2018
-
Wow I created this thread more than three years ago and its still active. I guess some questions are always interesting to some people

vsk

Aug 2019
karnal
OK here the story i heard from village folks that should clarify all yours doubt.
ROR clan existed in modern day era of UP, Rajasthan and Haryana.
They came there from SINDHI region which is already been verified https://www.cell.com/ajhg/pdfExtended/S0002-9297(18)30398-7.
WHILE PRITHVIRAJ CHAUHAN WAS FIGHTING MOHHAMDAD GHOURI ror clan poured in from there seats Dadror, Behror and Kaga Ror to fight they lost and were scattered only to regroup again under Maratha leadership (owing there knowledge of the area ) in MP to fought the battle of PANIPAT which they eventually lost. Fearing prosecution they crossed river Yamuna and settled in the DHAK jungles of Kurukshetra and Karnal district hidding , as the ruler was muslims and was killing all the soldiers.

only some family didn't manged to cross yamuna the family head decided to settle in a village near SIRSA and still uses surname as ROR he disguised himself as a jat . AND they still comes under jat clan.

1.Now remember this hiding thing is mentioned in the first GAZETTE of Karnal
2. Fighting along the Maratha there might be possibilities of inter caste marriage .that should explain the same gotras
3.ROR are ditinct from JATS as mentioned in this study

Blood group variation in selected caste populations of Haryana
4. I was told that ror might be secret callsign used to identify the members from the community escaping prosecution and ror was actually some general of hours

5. there exsisted a ROR DYNASTY in sindh near 5 century BC you can google that .
6. Notice the fact that British only distributed land to warrior clan only .RORS have large amount of land holding north of yamuna river and there exsisted no similar superior clan to question there holding .you can check the gazette of karnal for land records .
7. Most people are tall in the community which are attributes of warriors , ever seen a person from schedule cast above 6 feet .while the average hight of rors are nearly 6
8.Earlier many people in our village kept horses .
9. Majority of the villages of ROR in karnal district are located near the GRAND TRUNK ROAD . In order to maintain such land holding and that too adjacent to important route of trade of commerce one has to be fearless.

10. Dearth of women IN THE COMMUNITY might have forced us to marry into other caste (mentioned in the gazette ) which may have produced such offsprings having lesser of these
Europeans genes .
my mother have turquoise eyes which is the simple case of recessive blue eyes and dominant brown eyes . and this
color is known to be repeated in my maternal family after 2 generations .

SO there might be possibility that earlier the caste might be known from different name and changed it in order to hide themselves.
RORS today exsist as handfull families in haryana as compared to other caste . But the thing to notice is that they have managed to safeguard there identity over the centuries .
I AM AS CURIOUS AS YOU ARE BUT THE HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY WINNERS AND OURS IS LONG GONE.

May 2019
India
The Rors are certainly not below Rajput in social hierarchy. Please read Kumar Suresh Singh's comments on this subject in his People of India series.

Regarding the Maratha theory, it is a fake story planted by a person called Virender Verma who now also goes by the identity of Maratha Virender Verma. He is a dishonest person who simply wanted to somehow become a political leader.

So, he said I'll give you guys a new identity, albeit a false one and you should elect me to the state assembly in return. Because he planted a fake identify among these people, he has never won an election till date.

So, that's the Virender Maratha history bit.

Now coming to Ror history once again, as I said in a previous post, the royal Chauhan as well as Pratiharas were Ror.

In the correct version of Prithviraj Raso, you would find a letter from Prithviraj Chauhan to Mahal Si Pratihar containing the famous line "Mhaan ke thaan ke Ror sab". This line is in Rajasthani where Mhaan k means mine and thaan ke means yours.

In some copies the Ror appears as Rol but that is simply the R to L transformation very common when we go from North towards south or generally even when we go away from Sanskrit to Prakrit language area.

The same transformation can be seen in Gur (Gud) 'jaggery' to Gul as well

May 2019
India
The Rors are certainly not below Rajput in social hierarchy. Please read Kumar Suresh Singh's comments on this subject in his People of India series.

Regarding the Maratha theory, it is a fake story planted by a person called Virender Verma who now also goes by the identity of Maratha Virender Verma. He is a dishonest person who simply wanted to somehow become a political leader.

So, he said I'll give you guys a new identity, albeit a false one and you should elect me to the state assembly in return. Because he planted a fake identify among these people, he has never won an election till date.

So, that's the Virender Maratha history bit.

Now coming to Ror history once again, as I said in a previous post, the royal Chauhan as well as Pratiharas were Ror.

In the correct version of Prithviraj Raso, you would find a letter from Prithviraj Chauhan to Mahal Si Pratihar containing the famous line "Mhaan ke thaan ke Ror sab". This line is in Rajasthani where Mhaan k means mine and thaan ke means yours.

In some copies the Ror appears as Rol but that is simply the R to L transformation very common when we go from North towards south or generally even when we go away from Sanskrit to Prakrit language area.

The same transformation can be seen in Gur (Gud) 'jaggery' to Gul as well
Can you provide this so called original “Prithviraj Raso”