Academic Guidance History Scholarships?

Jun 2015
United States
Hiya!

I'm a few months from graduating high school, and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about scholarships in either the history or historical fiction writing fields. Any scholarships or tips would be most appreciated.

Thank you! :)

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Hiya!

I'm a few months from graduating high school, and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about scholarships in either the history or historical fiction writing fields. Any scholarships or tips would be most appreciated.

Thank you! :)
Hi Romaneagle,

I think that nobody answer until now because your question is too specific. I am from Portugal, you are from the USA, so I don’t think I can help you in this, the situations are quite different. I hope you find a scholarship, but I presume that it will not be easy. Good luck!

Jan 2019
Montreal, QC
I wish there was! I'm a second-year Honours in History student, and I wasn't able to get a scholarship when I graduated in 2017. I'm originally from the USA, as well. Even now, it's almost impossible for me to get scholarships for history, even with a 3.92 GPA. I feel that history isn't a field that many people care about, sadly.

@Romaneagle do you know what uni you're going to?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Unfortunately, I can't comment on the scholarship part due to my own lack of knowledge about this. However, what I can tell you is that you can try making a name for yourself as a historical writer even without actually having any degree in History. Candice Millard doesn't appear to have a degree in history and yet she managed to become a successful historical writer:

Candice Millard - Wikipedia

Similar History Discussions