Hitler's conversation

Dec 2017
Poland
Yesterday I accidentally found this recording (of course with Polish subtitles, here it is with English). I'm interested, do you think anything surprising in this recording?

Dec 2017
Germany
It is a very rare example of HitlerĀ“s natural voice.
There are many recorded speeches, where he was projecting his voice and so it was unnatural, theatrical, etc.
His southern German accent is quite clear.

Jul 2011
Yesterday I accidentally found this recording (of course with Polish subtitles, here it is with English). I'm interested, do you think anything surprising in this recording?
Calm, collected, polite. Just as how he is described by anyone who ever met him. It's annoying that movies today portray him as some stereotypical mustache twirling villain who shouts like a madman constantly.

Dec 2017
Poland
Polish Internet users were surprised that Hitler speaks logically. The common opinion is that he was a madman and his decisions were illogical. Of course, it is controversial. Every dictator says that war was necessary.

Dec 2017
Germany
Calm, collected, polite. Just as how he is described by anyone who ever met him. It's annoying that movies today portray him as some stereotypical mustache twirling villain who shouts like a madman constantly.
Okay but don't forget that Hitler is the worst criminal in human history.

Sep 2012
India
According to the Swedish friend of Goering, one Birger Dahlerus, he met Hitler carrying with him a response by Britain's Foreign Secretary Lord Halifax, on 26th August 1939.
It has been described by Alan Bullock in his superb book,' Hitler-- A study in tyranny ' on page 540 that Hitler ignored the letter from Lord Halifax and gave a 20 minute lecture to the poor fellow Dahlerus on German policy. In the next half an hour he enquired from Dahlerus as to how he spent his life in England.
Then he got more and more excited. Dahlerus tells us that Hitler suddenly stopped pacing in his room, his voice was blurred, and his behaviour was that of an abnormal person. He stated that should there be a war, then he will build U-Boats, build U-Boats, build U- Boats, U Boats, U Boats, U Boats. Raising his voice as if addressing a large audience, he shouted he shall build aeroplanes, build aeroplanes, build aeroplanes, aeroplanes, aeroplanes and he shall annihilate his enemies. Hardly the behaviour of a cool and collected leader of a great people !

Dec 2017
Poland
Recently on the TV there was a program about the Olympic Games in Berlin. There was a quotation of the French ambassador's words saying that Hitler had three different personalities: sometimes he is quite normal, even simple, like a peasant from the village, the second personality was falling into some trance and there was still a third personality, I do not remember what. I think we all know Hitler's famous quote when he ordered to kill "without pity or mercy, all men, women, and children of Polish descent or language." Apparently he was taking amphetamine. Maybe then he changed his personality?

Last edited:

stevev

Ad Honorem
Apr 2017
Las Vegas, NV USA
Am I the only one who is skeptical?. We hear someone speaking German with a "southern" accent (Bavarian or Upper Austrian). Why should we conclude it's Hitler? It may be but how can we be sure? Given Hitler's known refusal to accept bad news and appeal to miracle weapons under development to turn things around, I'm not convinced. Do we know exactly when this was supposed to have been recorded?

Last edited: