Hollywood consistently portrayed Italians as fair skinned despite racism at the time

Jan 2017
North Carolina
I was just trying and rationalizing ... btw, Monica Bellucci in Italy is considered quite "dark" as for skin ... if you want to see a "clear" Italian actress look for Laura Chiatti. But in US [what a coincidence] they know Asia Argento [who is "dark" ...].

P.S. may be I'm mindless, but I find it difficult to remember an Italian actress with blond hair, blue eyes and light skin who has become famous at Hollywood. Let's see ... Muti? No ... Cardinale? No ... [about Loren, Lollobrigida and Argento I've already said] ... Magnani? No ... Oh my ... Canalis? [Former Clooney's girlfriend] No ... [and she hasn't become famous ...]. Now I have to find a Nordic Italian actress who has become famous at Hollywood ... and I will remember someone. Someone existed for sure.
Dark hair and even light olive skin doesn't necessarily apply as mediterranean since its often Alpine racial category that does classify these as being a member and is often the 3rd overlooked racial category in white supremaciest eugenist.

Most of the Italian stars come less as traditionally mediterranean and more like Alpine. Even the dark ones like Sophia Loren are white enough to pass as WASP who's been sunbathing as I said earlier and they can easily be categorized as Alpine (since Alpine is technically skin tone from a bit darker white to milky white but with dark hair often brown and most of the time brown eyes though blue eyed or green eyed people often fall into the category).

I mean Loren's role of the Fall of the Roman Empire is spot on as the typical central European and French look (both regions containing most of the world's Alpine people). As did most French stars. She may have been olive skin in some times of her life when she was vacationing or before her rise as an actress but its pretty much the LIGHTEST SHADE of olive that can be found in France and other Alpine countries and even Britain. No one's gonna confuse her for a typical white looking dark olive skin Arab or upper class Mestizo Mexican even at her darkest. Most of the time throughout her film career she looks French through and through.

As I said earlier compare some of Belluci's roles such as Malena,Love: Instructions for Use, and even The Matrix. While she looks olive in some screenshots, its the lightest shades of Olive and she can pass very much for say a Hungarian or Dutch in most of the scenes.

In contrast to most of her native Italian films and even a few French ones, she's often shown in her natural yellow mestizo looking skin tone. Yes she can pass for an Arab in her daily life without make up and screen setting but films like The Matrix show her as passing off for an American who's tanning.

I admit I made a mistake by using "olive" skin as thats quite vague and many shades of olive don't look dark at all but a normal white person (even without tanning) but just slightly darker in SOME LIGHTING (as in not Americans who obviously been sun tanning or working out doors in the farm fields). Some paintings of our founding fathers and even big blatantly white American stars like MEl Gibson are technically "olive" because they look a bit darker than your average Swede. Something that technically classifies more as Alpine than Mediterranean

So I'll change it into "yellowish" Arab skin tone and mestizo Latino to clarify.

Which by that standards most Italian stars-even those not as cinema stars but big names in cooking, soccer players, etc are not even close to having the same skin tone we associate with the Yellow Outreamer Arabic speaking peoples and upper class Latinos who have a bit more white blood in them and more white man features (a la Salma Hayek).

And even those who are dark can easily pass for Alpine than Mediterranean such as Loren (though I would definitely classify Belluci as Mediterranean outside of roles that gave her makeup to look whiter).

BTW Before anyone accuses me of being ignorant, I am aware of Hispanics with Nordic features and Arabs who can pass as Alpine or even British looking with blue eyes or green eyes and arguably some of them with paler skin than even Swedes. But I'm referring to what passes "light skin" in Arabic and Latino cultures which is often yellowish skin tone that we Americans accuse off as "Mexican looking" but back in Arabic and Latino culture sis considered their standards of "white skin" and even "ideal beauty features" (evne though even more white skin such as blue eyed Palestinians with pale skin combined with light brown hair and redhead blue eyed mostly Iberian ancestry Mexicans are even more desired and considered the epitome of beauty in those regions).

Last edited:

RoryOMore

Ad Honorem
Mar 2012
USA
P.S. may be I'm mindless, but I find it difficult to remember an Italian actress with blond hair, blue eyes and light skin who has become famous at Hollywood. Let's see ... Muti? No ... Cardinale? No ... [about Loren, Lollobrigida and Argento I've already said] ... Magnani? No ... Oh my ... Canalis? [Former Clooney's girlfriend] No ... [and she hasn't become famous ...]. Now I have to find a Nordic Italian actress who has become famous at Hollywood ... and I will remember someone. Someone existed for sure.
Virna Lisi? I thought of Monica Vitti first, but reports of her natural color range from blonde to red.

Zip

Jan 2018
Comancheria
I think the OP’s very premise is faulty. I grew up in a neighborhood in Chicago that was heavily Irish, Italian, Greek and Jewish and IME most Italians aren’t particularly dark or swarthy.

David Vagamundo

Ad Honorem
Jan 2010
Atlanta, Georgia USA
The OP smacks of ethnic profiling.

My wife is Sicilian-American (three quarters Sicilian and one part southern Italian). Her eyes are hazel and her skin is lighter than mine.

And NONE of her forebears--and I would say no Italians in general--were illegal immigrants. The only people excluded back in those days were Asian.

We've been to Palermo (as well as most other parts of Italy)--many women in Palermo are quite light skinned with startlingly dark eyes.

Lei capisce?

Oct 2017
United States
I don't want to make some deliberately inflammatory posts that make it seem like I'm trolling or just being over-aggressive, because that's really not my intent.

When I say that in all honestly modern Hollywood is literally like a Klepto-terrorist organization way surpassing the third reich in aims and violence (maybe the fourth reich?) it's partly because I'm dead serious and partly because I'm just trying to shock people out of their moderate opinions and get them to get with the fact that there is just nothing sancitmonious or valuable at this point in time.

The degradation of "human socieities" is so extreme and largely at the hands of these infidels I would use that term that

There is a 100% chance that Hollywood will be studied in some years time as "The propaganda wing" of such a unit so lets not pretend to criticize some fringe of them lets just go all the way at this point.

Literally franchises like Michael Bay's Transformers and Blizzard (another big multimedia thing) have former or current members of the US Military supporting them.

Obviously this to an extent reaches back into the 30s and 40s... which is why you have topics like this... where their screws up had a lighter tone to them.

But should we not expect it to be this way? Of course not.