Holy Trinity a Fake?

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
I think that the similarity of the headgear is coincidental. The portraits that show double or triple tiaras date from the High and Late Middle Ages, and there is no structure comparable to the ostrich feathers of Osiris' crown.
Though there are the bearers of ostrich fans, just like a pharaoh, and a carrying chair. I know the triple tiara in it's final form comes from the 14th Century, though I also know that Egypt was not a closed book until Champollion, and while a triple tiara does start as a single and then a double, that it is eventually a triple crown, and that the resurrection is the core element of Christiantity, in fact without it I doubt there would have been a religion, does fit in with an Osirian theme. I know believers won't go with this, but resurrection is from Osiris, that's were the very concept came from. No Osiris, no resurrection, no resurrection, no Christianity.

Jan 2018
Netherlands
Though there are the bearers of ostrich fans, just like a pharaoh, and a carrying chair.
Roman officials had those too. And that is what the pope effectively became.

I know the triple tiara in it's final form comes from the 14th Century, though I also know that Egypt was not a closed book until Champollion (...)
Are you suggesting that the popes at some point in the Middle Ages deliberately introduced the "high tiara" because they knew that Osiris wore one? And if not, do you have any evidence that this specific form of tiara was in use before the High Middle Ages?

Pedro

Forum Staff
Mar 2008
On a mountain top in Costa Rica. yeah...I win!!
The word ¨fake¨implies an original. I sense the OP had something else in mind. I think rewording of the OP would be helpful.

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
Roman officials had those too. And that is what the pope effectively became.

Are you suggesting that the popes at some point in the Middle Ages deliberately introduced the "high tiara" because they knew that Osiris wore one? And if not, do you have any evidence that this specific form of tiara was in use before the High Middle Ages?
Just about everything was borrowed, and while of course not everything originated in Egypt, a lot did. Whether or not the triple tiara is inspired by the triple atef crown I could not say, but that it is a "trinity" of crowns and the core belief of the religion is based on Osiris, who at times, like some pharaohs, wore a triple crown, does not go unnoticed.

Jan 2010
Atlanta, Georgia USA
In Genesis 1:1 the word for God is Elohim, which in Hebrew is a plural noun.

Isaiah 6:8 God speaking says "...whom shall I send, and who will go for US". Emphasis mine.
Also, Genesis 1:18 "And the Lord appeared to him (Abraham) by the oaks of Mamre, as he sat at the door of his tent in the heat of the day. He lifted up his eyes and looked and behold, three men stood in front of him.. . ." (Revised Standard Version)

Rodger

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
US
Speaking of Genesis, there we find God breathed his breath of life into Adam, thus giving him life. The breath of God is associated with the Spirit of God. There is also a psalm that says something to the effect, You breath your breath into them and they are given life. You withhold Your breath and they perish.

AlpinLuke

Ad Honoris
Oct 2011
Lago Maggiore, Italy
The word ¨fake¨implies an original. I sense the OP had something else in mind. I think rewording of the OP would be helpful.
Actually ... it would imply that the Ancient Egyptian triads were original Trinities ...

[KmT knew some very important Triads ... I guess that Egyptologists avoid to call them "Trinities" because of reasons easy to understand].

AlpinLuke

Ad Honoris
Oct 2011
Lago Maggiore, Italy
Regarding Trinity and Old Testament ...

As a Christian, when I deal with the Hebrew Tanakh [Old Testament] I feel I'm invading the field of an other Abrahamic religion.

Jews have never seen clues of a Trinity in their Bible ... Christians see them.

Now ... the basic question is ... "who is wrong?" The original receivers of the Tanakh or the Christians who added it to the New Testament interpreting it?

Being Christian Protestant I stand with Christians ... but Jews have got really good reasons to sustain something different.

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
Breath of life, way way before Hebrews and Christians.

Who givest breath to sustain all that he has made
When he descends from the womb to breathe
On the day when he is born,
Thou openest his mouth completely,
Thou suppliest his necessities.
When the chick in the egg speaks within the shell,
Thou givest him breath within it to maintain him.
When thou hast made him his fulfillment within the egg, to break it,
He comes forth from the egg to speak at his completed time;
He walks upon his legs when he comes forth from it.