Holy Trinity a Fake?

Jul 2019
New Jersey
That's a total misunderstanding of the Kabbalistic doctrine. The sephiroth are simply different processes through which God interacts with His creations - not at all reflections on His essence. From what I understand, "Christian Kabbalah" was a creation of the pre-reformation humanists (Johannes Reuchlin, Pico della Mirandola, et al) who so ught to co-opt Jewish writings into their Christian worldview. Suffice it to say, that is a major error, and @Dreamhunter is right when he says that such a position is considered heretical in normative Judaism (indeed, even the Kabbalists agree on that).

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
In Judaism, the idea of God as a duality or trinity is considered heretical. It is even considered by some as polytheistic. According to Judaic belief, the Torah rules out a trinitarian God in Deuteronomy 6:4, as thus: 'Hear Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is one.' That I consider as essentially identical in meaning to the Islamic 'La ilaha il allah' (i. e. 'There is no God but Allah).

That is how I understand it. AFAIK also, kabbala doctrine is not really considered a part of mainstream Judaism.
Yes but trinitarians affirm that God is really one as well . .... he just sorta exists 3 ways :D

I think you already know my views on 'theology' and religious 'reasonings' . ;)

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
That's a total misunderstanding of the Kabbalistic doctrine.
Nah . Its one 'understanding of many ' , it is a 'misunderstanding' or 'misrepresentation of Jewish doctrine .

The sephiroth are simply different processes through which God interacts with His creations - not at all reflections on His essence. From what I understand, "Christian Kabbalah" was a creation of the pre-reformation humanists (Johannes Reuchlin, Pico della Mirandola, et al) who so ught to co-opt Jewish writings into their Christian worldview. Suffice it to say, that is a major error, and @Dreamhunter is right when he says that such a position is considered heretical in normative Judaism (indeed, even the Kabbalists agree on that).

Okay. But I would not say an understanding of the concept of a sephiroth is 'simple' .

Some Christians say God is one ..... but he exists in 3 ways . But push the 3 aspect

Judaism says God is one , but its esoteric side says God has 10 emanations . But push the 1 aspect.

Emanation ; (in various mystical traditions) a being or force which is a manifestation of God .

Which sorta means everything is an emanation ..... which means Judaism is pantheistic

Damn ! I just stepped in some theology ... again !

Apr 2012
Romania
Yes but trinitarians affirm that God is really one as well . .... he just sorta exists 3 ways :D
Christianity believes that God is one in nature and three in hypostases. Humanity is one in nature as well, but as St. Gregory of Nyssa wrote in On "Not Three Gods":

For this reason Scripture admits the naming of men in the plural, because no one is by such a figure of speech led astray in his conceptions to imagine a multitude of humanities, or supposes that many human natures are indicated by the fact that the name expressive of that nature is used in the plural. But the word God it employs studiously in the singular form only, guarding against introducing the idea of different natures in the Divine essence by the plural signification of Gods. This is the cause why it says, the Lord our God is one Lord [Deuteronomy 6:4], and also proclaims the Only-begotten God by the name of Godhead, without dividing the Unity into a dual signification, so as to call the Father and the Son two Gods, although each is proclaimed by the holy writers as God. The Father is God: the Son is God: and yet by the same proclamation God is One, because no difference either of nature or of operation is contemplated in the Godhead. For if (according to the idea of those who have been led astray) the nature of the Holy Trinity were diverse, the number would by consequence be extended to a plurality of Gods, being divided according to the diversity of essence in the subjects. But since the Divine, single, and unchanging nature, that it may be one, rejects all diversity in essence, it does not admit in its own case the signification of multitude; but as it is called one nature, so it is called in the singular by all its other names, God, Good, Holy, Saviour, Just, Judge, and every other Divine name conceivable: whether one says that the names refer to nature or to operation, we shall not dispute the point.

Last edited:

Similar History Discussions