Homosexuality.

Sep 2014
Texas
You didn't give proof. You linked non historical websites that just said ancient people removed hair with little to no sourcing. And you've still not supported your comment that Spartan girls, known to have hairy legs, were shaving their pubic regions trying to convert gay men (which they weren't).
You don't read much do you? I told you gay men existed and could not be changed. that Spartan girls actually beat these guys up, and in latter days may have even killed them.....some thoughts I have on the guys who were beat to death. It was gay men who said the Spartan girls converted gay men into straights....and you have become hideously boring. I take it you are gay and maybe twelve. Last time I talk to you because it is quite pointless. You just want to fight and there's already enough violence in the world. When you grow up, then if I am still alive, we'll have an intelligent conversation.

Jul 2016
USA
I told you gay men existed and could not be changed.
And this is NOTHING MORE THAN YOUR OPINION. First, definitions of what being "gay" actually means now aren't solid, and those definitions don't apply to Ancient Greek culture. Second, your belief they couldn't be "changed" is based on what? Your inability to understand a courtship ritual?

that Spartan girls actually beat these guys up, and in latter days may have even killed them.....
No, they didn't. Spartan women didn't beat up their suitors. After marriage, they pressured them and helped ostracize/shun cowards, occasionally some famous women took more active roles with husbands and sons, but they did not commonly beat/kill their suitors. Nope, that didn't happen.

some thoughts I have on the guys who were beat to death. It was gay men who said the Spartan girls converted gay men into straights....
Sparta didn't have gay men. "Gay" is a recent social construct in only certain modern societies, its not even universally accepted inside the US, let alone the whole world. Ancient Greek homosexual activity is unclassifiable according to modern identity politic concepts like "Gay" or "Straight" or even "Bisexual" (which would probably be the closest, but still not accurate). They didn't live in black and white worlds longing to place labels on everything.

and you have become hideously boring. I take it you are gay and maybe twelve. Last time I talk to you because it is quite pointless. You just want to fight and there's already enough violence in the world. When you grow up, then if I am still alive, we'll have an intelligent conversation.
LOL. Called someone a gay pre-teen while being responsible for this nonsense:

"OK I see this a lot, Spartan girls cut their hair short, dressed in mens' clothes and shaved their public regions and that turned gay boys into straight men. Now I for one believe that no real gay man can be turned, and we know of several famous Greeks who were not turned on by boy butts and penises...Pericles for one, but I have to ask this....if Spartan boys had long hair and hairy dicks, and they didn't wear clothes, how would a naked girl with a shaved pussy make him think of boys in the barracks. And why was Pericles not turned on by boy butts and penises? If all Greek men were gay. "

Are you seriously accusing someone else of being immature and gay after you wrote that?

Similar History Discussions