Votes: 9 10.2%

• Total voters
Status
Closed
Dec 2015
USA
CSA = ISIL?

Interesting.
That a so called complaint about what aboutism or similar ??

Its a 100% a legit comparison IMO. Did the comparison surprise you, I honestly want to know how you feel about the ISIL/CSA Comparison? Btw I did not say the groups were the same but there are similarities.

This thread discusses the CSA. We have to compare the CSA to other groups. Facts have been listed to show a few key elements,

For some black people the CSA was to them what what the Reich was to Jews, and what ISIL is to the Shia. Its very straightforward IMO. Thus Having a Monument to CSA soldiers is going to be controversial.

Code Blue

Ad Honorem
Feb 2015
Caribbean
The better comparison would Davis and the CSA to Hitler and the Wehrmacht, yes.
Maybe as an opinion based only on personal bias, as opposed to an argument based on history.

If descend we must, then: Lincoln and Hitler both rejected States Rights.
"In the case of most of these individual states it cannot be maintained that they ever enjoyed real sovereignty; and the term 'State Sovereignty' was really nothing more than an administrative formula which had no inner meaning. As a matter of fact, not only developments in the past but also in our own time wiped out several of these so-called 'Sovereign States' and thus proved in the most definite way how frail these 'sovereign' state formations were."
-- Mein Kampf

Jun 2019
Chicago Suburbs
Maybe as an opinion based only on personal bias, as opposed to an argument based on history.

"In the case of most of these individual states it cannot be maintained that they ever enjoyed real sovereignty; and the term 'State Sovereignty' was really nothing more than an administrative formula which had no inner meaning. As a matter of fact, not only developments in the past but also in our own time wiped out several of these so-called 'Sovereign States' and thus proved in the most definite way how frail these 'sovereign' state formations were."
-- Mein Kampf
That's disingenuous. Hitler was talking about actual European nations. Lincoln was talking about subdivisions of his own country which were not sovereign.

Code Blue

Ad Honorem
Feb 2015
Caribbean
For some black people the CSA was to them what what the Reich was to Jews
In the exercise of bias, it's OK to turn the reverse the historical timeline. Blacks in the CSA never heard of the Third Reich.

This is what it sounds like, if you put facts into correct chronological; order.
Blacks were legally stripped of rights in northern states, the same way Jews were later stripped of rights in Germany.
Blacks were Constitutionally banned from some northern states, the same way Jews were later banned from Germany.

May 2019
Salt Lake City, Utah

-- Mein Kampf
About as much as #231 above.

Code Blue

Ad Honorem
Feb 2015
Caribbean
That's disingenuous. Hitler was talking about actual European nations. Lincoln was talking about subdivisions of his own country which were not sovereign.
Sorry, but no.

I kind of like your posts, even when you disagree with me,, because you do so intelligently. So I am sorry it is you that took the bait.

Hitler rejected that confederation was legitimate even with respect to the United States, even citing it as his ultimate example.
"But the theoretical formula is not wholly put into practice by any confederacy that exists to-day. And least of all by the American Union"
--Mein Kampf

He goes to make some of the same arguments I have opposed many times on this forum - though I was gracious enough in the past to point out that they are the same thing Hitler said. The tone of this thread has eroded some of that graciousness.

Last edited:
May 2019
Salt Lake City, Utah
In the exercise of bias, it's OK to turn the reverse the historical timeline. Blacks in the CSA never heard of the Third Reich.

This is what it sounds like, if you put facts into correct chronological; order.
Blacks were legally stripped of rights in northern states, the same way Jews were later stripped of rights in Germany.
Blacks were Constitutionally banned from some northern states, the same way Jews were later banned from Germany.
If you want to compare the CSA and blacks to Jews and the Reich... then you are comparing the CSA to the Reich.

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions