How Britain's opium trade impoverished Indians

Status
Closed

Chlodio

Forum Staff
Aug 2016
Dispargum
Ancientgeezer, I'm going to assume that you were writing that post while I issued the warning above and didn't see my warning before you posted. The topic is "Opium Trade in Colonial India," not the BBC or current British-India relations. There was a recent policy announcement in Historum about fake news, liberal vs conservative bias in media, and the use of the internet to manipulate public opinion. One more infraction in this thread and I will close it.

Aug 2019
Mars
Ancientgeezer, I'm going to assume that you were writing that post while I issued the warning above and didn't see my warning before you posted. The topic is "Opium Trade in Colonial India," not the BBC or current British-India relations. There was a recent policy announcement in Historum about fake news, liberal vs conservative bias in media, and the use of the internet to manipulate public opinion. One more infraction in this thread and I will close it.
This thread started with OP paying 'eulogy' to BBC so it's obvious it will create divide among the posters. Why don't ban discussion on media altogether so that we can focus on actual history.

With my years' experience I've noticed that BBC is ideologically biased and in some ways also spreads 'fake news'. They take or leave the details and crucial points from a news story to fit their narrative. Any aware person would do his research before blindly believing in their reports.

So it's better to leave this discussiom altogether because I've seen some people here(including moderator) are too keen to force 'deviants' like me to accept their perception but I would rather leave Historum instead of my common sense.

So please ask the posters to show dispassion towards BBC or other media outlets and stick to the topic.

Status
Closed