How did Argentina plan on incorporating the Falklands?

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
Let's say that in 1982 Argentina managed to beat the UK and keep the Falklands. How would they make the Malvinas a part of their territory? The population there was pro-British and really didn't want to be a part of Argentina. What would Argentina do with them? Deport them? Perhaps try to bring in Argentine settlers? The Falklands didn't have a large population, probably somewhere around 1500-2000 people, so it would not be impossible for Argentina to deport them. Would they do it? Would they be able to do it and where would they send the Falklanders?

Reactions: Futurist
Feb 2019
Serbia
Considering that they were ruled by a military dictator and went to war for nationalistic reasons I don't think they would have a problem with doing some settler colonialism. I think that settler colonialism is the only way for them to actually do it as the native British population likely won't assimilate so easily. The native population would probably be deported back to Britain. They would surely be able to do it as the Falklands have a population of a very small town and due to the nationalistic sentiment I think they would be able to get settlers over there. The international reaction to this is another matter.

Reactions: Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
My guess is that Argentina will offer the existing population of the Falklands Argentine citizenship but also perhaps prohibit them from having any other citizenship (I'm not sure about this part, though). Those who won't like the new order in the Falklands would be very welcome (and perhaps even encouraged) to move to Britain. Also, Yes, as @Mastersonmcvoidson said, Argentina would probably engage in some settler colonialism in the Falklands in order to change the demographic situation there in its own favor.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
BTW, this is why territorial conquest should only be done (if at all, that is) in territories that have small populations relative to the metropole since it is only in such cases that migration-achieved demographic changes could occur without any mass deportations. This is how the US was able to colonize its interior--specifically, there were very few people living there and thus the US was able to flood these territories with (mostly) White American settlers (and their Black slaves, of course).