How do Christians describe existence of God?

Efendi

Ad Honoris
Jul 2009
Anatolia
I don't understand trinity and earthly description of God (Gods son).

Because I think God should not be described with earthly things, which it can not be made up. Actually It can not be made of anything. God can not be described with created things.

If It is strange question, I have right to ask strange question, because I am stranger to the Christianity. Most of the things I have are prejudices to breake.

Respects

Tolga.

Rasta

Ad Honoris
Aug 2009
Minnesnowta
The idea is that god is three persons in one being. The idea revolves around the idea that god came to earth as Jesus. Many times in the Bible, Jesus refers to god as a seperate person than himself, and Jesus prays to god. Jesus also refers to himself as the son of god.

So the idea of the trinity seeks to make these seperate descriptions all be compatible with monotheism.

Jim might have a better explenation than me.

tjadams

Ad Honoris
Mar 2009
Texas
I once taught world geography in a Christian school and when it came to the discovery of America, it said in part, " God removed a veil of fog surrounding the land."
When I read that, I stopped, paused and went on. The class never questioned me on it.

Jun 2009
Glorious England
I once taught world geography in a Christian school and when it came to the discovery of America, it said in part, " God removed a veil of fog surrounding the land."
When I read that, I stopped, paused and went on. The class never questioned me on it.
Holy cow, that's a scary thing to hear. They actually had this in a textbook?

oshron

Ad Honorem
Jun 2009
western Terranova
O_O

that sounds positively ridiculous. why would God need to lift a fog from it in order for it to be there? did He lift a veil of fog from australia, too?

now, im not trying to be disrespectful of God or anything here, but why can't it just be reasoned that human beings simply didnt KNOW it was there? there doesnt need to be any greater reason as to why america wasnt known to christians before then

tjadams

Ad Honoris
Mar 2009
Texas
Yes, it was a textbook published by Abeka. In order to keep teaching, I often have to look at something really hard, weigh my options and keep going.

Apr 2010
Manila
I am a Christian but I was making myself walk in the atheistic world.

God for the catholics has worked miracles and is guiding them through their life and deeds. For them God work with them through Jesus teachings and commandments lived in poverty and love. Which contradicts the Church of today.

Also about the Son of God and Son of Man, I think they are both inscribe in the Bible if I remember.

sturm

Ad Honorem
Jul 2009
Bulgaria
I am a Christian but I was making myself walk in the atheistic world.

God for the catholics has worked miracles and is guiding them through their life and deeds. For them God work with them through Jesus teachings and commandments lived in poverty and love. Which contradicts the Church of today.

Also about the Son of God and Son of Man, I think they are both inscribe in the Bible if I remember.
For the first time i hear that catholics actually have there own God, but with the worship shown toward the popes i understand..

Anyway Efendi, the Holy Trinity is hard to be understood by you muslim folks, who view that as a polytheism, which in there opinion is questionable and hardly understood, but for us christians it is also hard to understand polygamy of islam.

Similar History Discussions