How do you get Belarus and the Baltic states to have a much larger population right now?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Prevent ww1-interperiod-ww2 and they would have more population. A lot of depopulation comes from war especially when it’s fought along this territories
Please see my original post here. I explicitly mentioned the World Wars and Communism here and the need to prevent both of these things. This isn't going to be enough, though; after all, I want at least a threefold increase in population in comparison to real life.

Apr 2017
U.S.A.
The only way for the population to increase drastically in this scenario is for Russians to move their in droves. Short of some extremely valuable resource or a disaster in European Russia to compel the people to move, I don't see a realistic reason for them to do so.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
The only way for the population to increase drastically in this scenario is for Russians to move their in droves. Short of some extremely valuable resource or a disaster in European Russia to compel the people to move, I don't see a realistic reason for them to do so.
Even global warming won't work for this, correct?

Also, wasn't the quality of life in Latvia and Estonia better than the quality of life in Russian Russia? I certainly know that Latvia and Estonia were more literate in 1897 than Russian Russia was:

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
As for @Kotromanic's comment here, please keep in mind that I did consider Germany and its potential pool of settlers here, but Germany has much less people than Russia has and also the quality of life in Germany would probably be better than in either the Baltic states or Belarus.