How do you search information about historical battles?

Dec 2016
Spain
Hi,

This is not homework, neither for University, I read about military history just as a hobby in my free time. I am now interested in battles of Seven Years War (1756–1763), and War of the Austrian Succession (1740–1748), specifically Battle of Rossbach (1757), Battle of Dettingen (1743), Battle of Rocoux (1746). How do you get such information aside Wikipedia?

Feb 2017
Devon, UK
Hi,

This is not homework, neither for University, I read about military history just as a hobby in my free time. I am now interested in battles of Seven Years War (1756–1763), and War of the Austrian Succession (1740–1748), specifically Battle of Rossbach (1757), Battle of Dettingen (1743), Battle of Rocoux (1746). How do you get such information aside Wikipedia?
Try following up some of the 'References' and 'Further Reading' from those wikipedia pages.

Apr 2018
France
Probably the best thing to do is to search historical references written by the two sides and compare them. You will start to find differences. At that point you have to search for main/original sources and start to create your point of view and compare them also with archaeological remains if available in order to have confirmations.