how do you think in Korean Modern History?

Dec 2018
East
hello.
I am studying Korean Modern History in Korea.

I am studying Korean independence movement history among the modern history of Korea,
but study little by little about history of other socioeconomic history or liberation.

I wonder what you think about Korean Modern History and how you study if you are interested.
and If you ask, I will answer what I know.

thank you :)

Jul 2017
Sydney
hello.
I am studying Korean Modern History in Korea.

I am studying Korean independence movement history among the modern history of Korea,
but study little by little about history of other socioeconomic history or liberation.

I wonder what you think about Korean Modern History and how you study if you are interested.
and If you ask, I will answer what I know.

thank you :)
Nice topic! I'm really interested in Korea's economic transformation. I've seen old pictures of Seoul, nothing impressive but today it is an ultra modern city. South Korea itself is a very powerful country economically.

I would love to understand how this was executed

Dec 2018
East
Nice topic! I'm really interested in Korea's economic transformation. I've seen old pictures of Seoul, nothing impressive but today it is an ultra modern city. South Korea itself is a very powerful country economically.

I would love to understand how this was executed
There are many different Theory on the Korean economy.
So in my personal opinion,

The internal factors of Korea's economic development engine are nationalism, democracy, education fever,

Korean nationalism is mainly Japanese occupation resistance when he was constructed by the military, was liberated from Japanese colonial rule, Koreans ' spiritual influence.

South Korea's democracy was not in its perfect form from the beginning, but it checked against military dictatorship because at least the parliament had continued to exist.

Finally, due to the Korean War, local governments and customs disappeared, so there was little resistance in the region to economic development.

External factors may include the support of the United States, the existence of neighboring countries to benchmark, and the admiration of developed countries in the First World.

Thank you for asking me :)

Last edited:
Jul 2017
Sydney
There are many different Theory on the Korean economy.
So in my personal opinion,

The internal factors of Korea's economic development engine are nationalism, democracy, education fever,

Korean nationalism is mainly Japanese occupation resistance when he was constructed by the military, was liberated from Japanese colonial rule, Koreans ' spiritual influence.

South Korea's democracy was not in its perfect form from the beginning, but it checked against military dictatorship because at least the parliament had continued to exist.

Finally, due to the Korean War, local governments and customs disappeared, so there was little resistance in the region to economic development.

External factors may include the support of the United States, the existence of neighboring countries to benchmark, and the admiration of developed countries in the First World.

Thank you for asking me :)
Thank you so much :) I had no idea the Japanese occupation caused nationalism to get stronger

This is amazing! It shows how adversity had a positive impact on Korea's development into a modern economy

Dec 2018
East
Hi @momodora123

Could you please also shed some light on the more ancient Japanese campaign during the Shogun era? What strategy did the koreans use in that war?

Thanks in advance for your help :)
Sorry, I don't know when you asked me, so I don't think I can give you the answer you want.

Do you mean the war between Joseon and Japan in 1592?(Imjin War)

This was a time when the tactics and strategies of the Joseon army were exchanged.

The army usually preferred defensive and guerrilla warfare in the mountains.

And the Navy preferred naval battles centered on close-range artillery.

Or are you talking about Joseon's strategy from 17c-19c?

If you're talking about the Joseon army of this time, most of the Joseon's army was armed with a matchlock musket.

Finally, during Japanese occupation resistance to talking, 1910 and 1945.

Resistance fighters used a lot of bolt-action gun and mouser pistols.

I am sorry for not giving you a definite answer. :crying:

Haakbus

Ad Honorem
Aug 2013
United States
Hi @momodora123

Could you please also shed some light on the more ancient Japanese campaign during the Shogun era? What strategy did the koreans use in that war?

Thanks in advance for your help :)
I'm your guy on the Imjin War, especially the firearms and navy :)

Don't want to derail this thread though.

Similar History Discussions