How is D-Day viewed and remembered by the French people nowadays?

Nov 2010
Bordeaux
It was the beginning of two years of party because how could the french forget that Hitler was slowly exterminating the population whith the food s privations.All the levels of the responsabilities were in the hands of the worse people of our nation,the french nazis,sometimes worse than the germans.Fascists,gangsters,mouchards (to recuperate the money of the Jews) oportunists and others "profiteurs" of the system made the law,the justice and the repartition of the products of agriculture and industry.You cannot imagine the degree of perversity of the leaders of the collaboration.
I fail to see the connection with the topic...

May 2017
France
The story of the debarkment cannot be reduced to the battle of Omaha beach (6th june 1944) and to the historical commémorations of Sainte Mere l Eglise.It is the most important moment of the history of France,with the 11tn november 1918,for the XXth century:the end of a nightmare.
I would have prefered dying under the US bombs than living under the german boot.

Nov 2010
Bordeaux
The story of the debarkment cannot be reduced to the battle of Omaha beach (6th june 1944) and to the historical commémorations of Sainte Mere l Eglise.It is the most important moment of the history of France,with the 11tn november 1918,for the XXth century:the end of a nightmare.
I would have prefered dying under the US bombs than living under the german boot.
Ok but, still not the topic we are discussing :)