How long did it take people in Anatolia to convert to Islam?

Oct 2013
Europix
Do you have detailed percentage data for Muslims versus Christians in Anatolia at various points in history, though?
Not that detailed, but still, a couple of figures:
1831.png

(in Kemal H . Karpat - OTTOMAN POPULATION 1830-1914)

1897_1914.png
(in Servet MUTLU - LATE OTTOMAN POPULATION AND ITS ETHNIC DISTRIBUTION)

____
note: the "Six Vilayets"-"Vilayet-i Sitte" are the armenian vilayets

Tulun

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Western Eurasia
How was Rum defined here?
At this time (1520-35) according to the footnotes of the table it covered the livas/sancaks/subprovinces of Amasya, Çorum Tokat, Karahisar-ı Şarki (Şebinkarahisar), Canik, , Trabzon, Malatya, Divriği, Darende, Kemah, Bayburt.

You can see a map of Rum eyaleti on the wiki ( Rum Eyaleti - Vikipedi ), but that reflects a later time, when Rum province was smaller. Now unfortunetly i couldn't find a corresponding map, but if you look up the names of the towns (the sancaks were named after their seat towns), you can get a very approximate idea.

In the 1520-35 datas Rum eyaleti still included Trabzon/Trapezunt, a still relatively freshly conquered (in 1461) area for example, so I suspect most of the Christian households were concentrated in that Black sea region.

Oct 2013
Europix
At this time (1520-35) according to the footnotes of the table it covered the livas/sancaks/subprovinces of Amasya, Çorum Tokat, Karahisar-ı Şarki (Şebinkarahisar), Canik, , Trabzon, Malatya, Divriği, Darende, Kemah, Bayburt.

You can see a map of Rum eyaleti on the wiki ( Rum Eyaleti - Vikipedi ), but that reflects a later time, when Rum province was smaller. Now unfortunetly i couldn't find a corresponding map, but if you look up the names of the towns (the sancaks were named after their seat towns), you can get a very approximate idea.

In the 1520-35 datas Rum eyaleti still included Trabzon/Trapezunt, a still relatively freshly conquered (in 1461) area for example, so I suspect most of the Christian households were concentrated in that Black sea region.
Some maps of the region,at different periods:

Euratlas Periodis Web - Maps of Aegean Area

http://www.atlassen.info/atlassen/engels/carnu1819/picslarge/carnu1819k052.jpg

http://www.atlassen.info/atlassen/frans/heck/picslarge/heck1835k050.jpg

Maybe it helps (?)