How many unemployed people were shot and killed in the Soviet Russia?

Jul 2016
riverside
I came across this document, and am wondering how many unemployed people were shot and killed in the Soviet Russia?

Anyone has data on how many unemployed people were shot to death in 1970s? Or during other decades?

This is what the form says (translated from Russian):
1. Full Name
2. Date and place of birth
3. Residence address
4. Since when does not work
5. Date of the first warning
6. Date of the second warning
7. Date of execution by shooting

Chlodio

Forum Staff
Aug 2016
Dispargum
Death penalties for unemployment did exist in the 1920s and 1930s. By the 1960s unemployment was punished with a prison sentence or confinement to a mental institution.

Work was usually easy to find in the USSR as there was little incentive for managers to fire or layoff anyone. Most businesses preferred to have extra workers on hand even if they could not keep them busy.

Dec 2012
U.S.A.
Parasitism does sound rather Satlinesque, as his efforts to prep the SU for war meant that everyone needed to be doing their part.

At Each Kilometer

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
Bulgaria
I would like to see more sources. Only an 'image' is provided.

I mean i tried to search in the net 'приказ увд 359 1972', 'приложение' etc. Absolutely nothing.

Jul 2016
riverside
I would like to see more sources. Only an 'image' is provided.

I mean i tried to search in the net 'приказ увд 359 1972', 'приложение' etc. Absolutely nothing.
??????????? ??? ? 360-1072 ?. ??????? ???????? ???????? 1. ?, II., ?_____________________________ / ?????????? :: ??? ????? ?????????? :: ??????? ??????????? ?? ??????? :: ????????? ?????? / ??????? ???????? ? ?????? ???????: ???????, ??? ????????, ?

At Each Kilometer

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
Bulgaria
Thanks, but this is a site about funny pictures, comics etc. I saw this image on other similar site along with some useless poster remarks. I would like to see a serious read about this order of the soviet ministry of internal affairs.

EDIT: This is the original upload. The name of the site (etoretro.ru) in upper left corner of the picture. Sadly no information there either.
http://www.etoretro.ru/pic117937.search.htm

EDIT2: The year of this order is 1972. Breznev time. Lenin and Stalin were long dead. First one's mummified body inside his mausoleum and Stalin's body removed from Lenin's tomb and buried somewhere near it.

Last edited:

rvsakhadeo

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
India
Employed or unemployed, millions were slaughtered in the Soviet Union under the orders of Lenin and Stalin. Quotas were fixed for capital punishment for the various administrative units and often were overachieved by zealous communist officials.

Jul 2016
riverside
Employed or unemployed, millions were slaughtered in the Soviet Union under the orders of Lenin and Stalin. Quotas were fixed for capital punishment for the various administrative units and often were overachieved by zealous communist officials.
The main point - the way I see it - is that Russia was a slave owning empire. They gave a choice - work for something close to nothing, or get shot. Or work as a slave laborer in Gulag digging for diamond, gold, or radioactive materials. Or as a Ukrainian peasant slave working in a collective farm (kibutz) for "palochka" - a mark in the record book that one more day of labor was acceptable. If you do not perform per your boss expectation - you may find yourself in a prison as a saboteur.